Replacing Vanilla Methods/Classes

Creeperologist

currently I'm working on a number of different mods, and just when I thought I was home free on my potion api, I realized that how InventoryEffectRenderer is implemented, there was likely no way of getting around modifying some of the vanilla things

at the moment I am using a tick handler the render additional potion effects which works fine to an extent, but space has become a serious issue and something needs to be done about it so I am going to need to change how potion effects are represented.

I'm trying to find out if it would be possible to somehow replace displayDebuffEffects() with a new modified version, and if not at least get an idea what can be done to to get these changes from what I have done to be usable along with the client

Most people spend their time fearing what they already know, but unfortunately what they really have to fear is what they don't know

I was under the impression that core mods were just for modifying visibility, that is good to hear, it means I may be able to try out a few other ideas I've had

Most people spend their time fearing what they already know, but unfortunately what they really have to fear is what they don't know