Add animation on vanilla Block with RenderWorldLastEvent

TheMinecraftBox

Okay, I create a custom class and I stock with multi events some datas. I use NBTTagCompound for this and it work. Now I want add an animation in front of the texture of blocks when there are a custom property (NBT) . (In the tag, there are the blocks position, etc... with the custom property). The problem is I don't know how I can add this render. I think RenderWorldLastEvent can resolved that, but I'm not good for the render. Can you help me for add a position for the render or if I can use a better method?

What will this look like from a player’s perspective? Be detailed, currently it sounds like there’s better ways to do what you want.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

On 6/20/2019 at 9:56 PM, TheMinecraftBox said:

You think there are a more simply solution?

Yes. I still don’t understand what you’re trying to do, and don’t really know anything about it except that it involves runes.

On 6/20/2019 at 12:09 PM, Cadiboo said:

What will this look like from a player’s perspective? Be detailed

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

23 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

Yes. I still don’t understand what you’re trying to do, and don’t really know anything about it except that it involves runes.

When the block has a custom property (in my custom file and placed in the world), for the visual, I would like to add an animation on the texture of the block. (Like the glint of enchantment: it's a render on the texture). The runes would be my custom texture on the block texture and there would be movement. The runes would be semi-transparent and move diagonally upwards. I hope I'm being clear.

If I understand correctly, you want to add a custom texture in front of the block texture like the destroy texture but you want to add movement to your custom texture. The runes are this texture... okay but where you have difficulties?

On 6/23/2019 at 7:10 PM, TheMinecraftBox said:

The runes would be semi-transparent and move diagonally upwards.

Would they be like the enchantment particles and move around outside the block, or is it just an animated texture?

If it’s just a texture, you can have your block have different models for different blockstates, and you can use .mcmeta to animate your texture (the way water and lava are animated)

About Me

Spoiler

On 6/29/2019 at 4:36 PM, Sanyste said:

okay but where you have difficulties?

I don't know how to add a position in the world with a rendering.

20 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

Would they be like the enchantment particles and move around outside the block, or is it just an animated texture?

I prefer they be like the enchantment particles.

You can spawn particles in the Block#randomDisplayTick method. Look at BlockEnchantmentTable#randomDisplayTick, BlockLiquid#randomDisplayTick and BlockFurnace#randomDisplayTick.

About Me

Spoiler