Texture not loading for item

Hauffman

Hello, I just started modding for minecraft and pretty much just started programming as well, but I think my problem is simple: I made a code through a tutorial but in the end the texture doesn't show up for the item when in game.

Here's the git hub (guess that's how it works):

https://github.com/Dev-Hauffman/Minecraft-mod

Could anyone help me figure out what I did wrong?

Edited by Hauffman

What Minecraft version? It doesn't look like this is for 1.13 or later.

I'm noticing several things.

• You use CreativeTabs instead of ItemGroups (CreativeTabs are for older versions, I don't know exactly when it changed).
  • You're using a Common proxy, which goes against the idea of a proxy. If a common proxy is run on both the client and the server, why do you need a separate proxy?You're using an IHasModel interface. See #3 here.
  • You're using an ItemBase class instead of separate classes for each Item, which seems kind of weird to me, though I don't know if it works or not (I'm not too experienced in that).

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, though. Assuming you're using an IDE, when you try running it through the terminal (using "gradlew runclient") can you give us the output?

2 minutes ago, TheKingElessar said:

What Minecraft version? It doesn't look like this is for 1.13 or later.

I'm noticing several things.

• You use CreativeTabs instead of ItemGroups (CreativeTabs are for older versions, I don't know exactly when it changed).
  • You're using a Common proxy, which goes against the idea of a proxy. If a common proxy is run on both the client and the server, why do you need a separate proxy?You're using an IHasModel interface. See #3 here.
  • You're using an ItemBase class instead of separate classes for each Item, which seems kind of weird to me, though I don't know if it works or not (I'm not too experienced in that).

I'm not sure what's causing the problem, though. Assuming you're using an IDE, when you try running it through the terminal (using "gradlew runclient") can you give us the output?

Hello,

The minecraft version is 1.12.2 and I'm currently starting to learn by using this tutorial on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0zXArplb9Y&list=PLDhiRTZ_vnoX4bx_BJccGV7MjpXUfVJSn&index=2

So if i'm using creative tabs or common proxy that's because I know pretty much nothing about modding and I'm just starting using such tutorial.

I'll try and get or use such IDE and see if i manage to provide any further information.

Thanks for you comment!

4 minutes ago, Hauffman said:

Hello,

The minecraft version is 1.12.2 and I'm currently starting to learn by using this tutorial on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0zXArplb9Y&list=PLDhiRTZ_vnoX4bx_BJccGV7MjpXUfVJSn&index=2

Yeah, his tutorials are garbage. Search these forums for "loremaster" and you'll find dozens of threads of people having the same problems.

I've even commented on his videos with things he does wrong.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

1 hour ago, Hauffman said:

The minecraft version is 1.12.2 and I'm currently starting to learn by using this tutorial on youtube

When I started learning to mod a couple of months ago I found this channel. As far as I can tell (I only watched the first couple of videos) it's not super bad, but there are several things that you'll want to change, such as the proxies we've already mentioned in this thread. It looks like there are a lot of concepts covered in the series, so it's probably a good starting point to teach you the more specific parts of larger concepts covered in the official documentation. Keep in mind that the tutorials are for 1.13.2, not the latest 1.14.2. The documentation hasn't been updated, either, but it's really valuable once you start to understand how modding the game works.

You're going to need a good grasp on the Java language in order to be able to do what you want - just copying/pasting code from the forums won't get you anywhere in the long run!

1 hour ago, Hauffman said:

I'll try and get or use such IDE and see if i manage to provide any further information

Are you using Eclipse to write/organize the code? If so, when you enter "gradlew runClient" in the terminal there should be a log output into the terminal.

• Thanks 1