Item tooltip doesn't display the superscript '2' correctly.

root

83026141_Screenshotfrom2019-06-1704-10-29.png.a3b51352d07a69cbda68877274b8fbbd.png

I have an item tooltip with

"§20.5% ²³⁵U, 77% ²³⁸U"

and the superscript number 2 gets blown up.
I would prefer all superscript numbers to have the same size.

Any idea how to achieve this?

Edited by root

Its less that it's not being displayed correctly as it is that the superscript-2 and the superscript-all-the-other-numbers are handled by different Unicode endpoints which all correspond to different textures.

The superscript 2 is probably 0xb2, which is handled by the main minecraft texture pack for ASCII characters (0-255) while the superscript 5 would have to be 0x2075, which is handled down in the extended Unicode support textures, which have a different look and feel to them as they aren't hand-made.

Superscript 3 should be 0xb3 and on the same texture sheet as the 2, but its possible that it was never given the Minecraft-look?

Went digging into those graphics. The 2 you're getting is....not the 2 from 0xb2

image.png.0e850c85b98d0392d535026d1e1bddcc.png

I don't know where its coming from.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

A semi relevant question, I didn't feel like creating a new thread for it:

Is it possible to insert subscript and superscript in the same character without having to create a custom renderer for it it?

ex.: 68107814_Screenshotfrom2019-06-1715-48-18.png.876f2585905934fb86663917cd1d50eb.png

Edited by root

Yeah, I don't think you can do that with native unicode. I've gone through the list of Unicode Combining Characters pretty thoroughly (combining characters are also used as diacritical marks, but the important thing to know is that they will draw in the same space as the previous character) and there aren't any super/sub script characters that are also combining characters.

And oh yeah, writing the renderer for combining characters is a bitch (it gets worse if you want to display it in a selectable text area, too and handle selections and cursor location, etc etc). Minecraft doesn't support it natively at all.

Edited by Draco18s
  • Like 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.