Can't Install forge 1.14

You’re meant to download the installer, which will then set up Forge and create a new profile (or update your existing forge profile if it already exists) in the Minecraft Launcher.

If the UI looks different, it’s likely that you’re not downloading the offical version of Forge. Only download Forge from https://files.minecraftforge.net/ because versions from other sites are likely to contain malware and/or viruses.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Hello, I actually have the same problem. 

I'm downloading (off the minecraftforge.net website) the Installer version 1.14.2 - 26.0.16.

No matter what I do, the file won't run. It's saved as a .jar file, so whenever I double-click it, winrar simply opens it like a normal folder.

What do?

Edited by jeffmaster
replaced 'it' with 'winrar'

8 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

You’re meant to download the installer, which will then set up Forge and create a new profile (or update your existing forge profile if it already exists) in the Minecraft Launcher.

If the UI looks different, it’s likely that you’re not downloading the offical version of Forge. Only download Forge from https://files.minecraftforge.net/ because versions from other sites are likely to contain malware and/or viruses.

This is what I am seeing, and I click the installer to download it, download it, nothing happens. I can't run the file, only open it.

Snip.PNG

2 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Define "can't run, only open".  What happens if you run the file?

It won't let me run it as you would an .exe. I don't know how to run a .jar file. 

If I had to be more precise, I can't run the .jar, I can only open it in an archiver (Winrar).

Please let me know if you need more info.

You need Java installed to run .jar files. Then you run them by double clicking them.

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

6 hours ago, Ivybug said:

I am also not able to install Forge for 1.14. I download the installer and run it. It goes for a bit and then I am told a bunch of libraries failed to download.

Make your own thread. You have a different issue.

About Me

Spoiler

• 6 months later...

Any time I try to open it, any version, it pulls up a black command prompt looking windows for a split second then closes, if I can click on it before it closes it just has a blinking white rectangle and then wherever I click, a small white rectangle appears under it like it's awaiting some sort of input