Item/Block meta/damage data maxinum value

jordan30001

Blocks yes, items no.

Items have a full integer worth of "damage" whereas blocks have a single nybble.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

There Are Ways to extend The blockID but this is not easy and it could create a lot of lag when you are using the blocks.

Look at Redpower. When you are using much covers and do not have a highspeedpc than the FPS goes down with a speed that is no longer funny!

I do not say That Elorams Mod is not Awsome! Redpower 2 Is an Awsome mod but it Create a lot of lag. But i am amazed that she made over 1000 Blocks in more than 1 Block. But everything has his price!

Items have a full integer worth of "damage"

*short

Touche.

Still allows for a maximum value of +/-32,767, which is sufficient for most needs.

Though I suspect IC2 hacked things so that their items can use a long int (+/-9,223,372,036,854,775,807, yes, that's 9 pentillion)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Though I suspect IC2 hacked things so that their items can use a long int (+/-9,223,372,036,854,775,807, yes, that's 9 pentillion)

You can always use the NBTTagCompound associated with each ItemStack. That allows you to store a basically infinite amount of data into your Item.

It's a possibility.  Depends on the "hack" :P

(either they made items use a long int, or they made their own item damage renderer, or...)

Items have a full integer worth of "damage"

*short

Touche.

Still allows for a maximum value of +/-32,767, which is sufficient for most needs.

nice to know but I don't think I am going to use 9 pentillion meta data items :P

nice to know but I don't think I am going to use 9 pentillion meta data items :P

IC2 needs it for their powered items, like the quantum armor, which has something like a million hp.

But yeah.  32,000 is sufficient for most modders.

Also you can add more Damage when you make you own ItemStack

i am working on something like that to make a decoblockmod working.

When you craft something than you can use the addEnchantment() function. And with this way you can add your own damage.

Why use enchantments for uniqueness?

why not just use

Note: writing this from memory so there probably are errors

void initNBTTagCompound(ItemStack itemStack)
{

if (itemStack.stackTagCompound == null)
	{
		itemStack.setTagCompound(new NBTTagCompound());
	}
}

String getInt(ItemStack itemStack, String tagValue)
{

initNBTTagCompound(itemStack);

if (!itemStack.stackTagCompound.hasKey(tagValue))
	{
		setInt(itemStack, tagValue, 0);
	}

return itemStack.stackTagCompound.getInt(tagValue);
}

void setInt(ItemStack itemStack, String tagName, String tagInt)
{

itemStack.stackTagCompound.setString(tagName, tagInt);
}

Why use enchantments for uniqueness?

why not just use

Note: writing this from memory so there probably are errors

void initNBTTagCompound(ItemStack itemStack)
{

if (itemStack.stackTagCompound == null)
	{
		itemStack.setTagCompound(new NBTTagCompound());
	}
}

String getInt(ItemStack itemStack, String tagValue)
{

if (!itemStack.stackTagCompound.hasKey(tagValue))
	{
		setInt(itemStack, tagValue, 0);
	}

return itemStack.stackTagCompound.getInt(tagValue);
}

void setInt(ItemStack itemStack, String tagName, String tagInt)
{

itemStack.stackTagCompound.setString(tagName, tagInt);
}

I wrote the function name to show the people what i mean. Because on the Recipe you can add something like this:

(my Proxy)

PathProxy.addRecipe(new ItemStack(Item.diamondPickaxe, 1).addEnchantment(Entchantment.fortune, 10), new Objek[] {"d", 'd', Block.dirt});

so you can add Enchantments to the recipe. that is what i want to do with integer for meta damage.

public class SpmodStack
{
       public SpmodStack(Block par1)
       {
           only showing i do not make the constructures.
       }

public SpmodStack(Item par1)
       {
       }

public SpmodStack(ItemStack par1)
       {
       }

public void setMetaDamage(int meta)
     {
          if(Block intanceof IMetaBlock)
          {
                this.addBlockMeta(meta);
          }
          else
          {
               return;
          }
    }
}

PathProxy.addRecipe(new SpmodStack(new ItemStack(BlockDeco, 1).setMetaDamage(29018), new Objekt[] "b", 'b', Block.stone});

This was only my thinking in that time i wrote the answer i do not made these classes but maybe i make it like this concept.