[1.13] How to enable Config GUI (Config button grayed out)

fernthedev

It’s not implemented yet and cpw doesn’t have the time to work it out with his real world commitments and 1.14. If you’d like to help, I’m trying to do some work on porting it at https://github.com/Cadiboo/NoCubes/tree/1.13.2-config (currently only has the base GUI without any of the config entries implemented).

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

3 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

It’s not implemented yet and cpw doesn’t have the time to work it out with his real world commitments and 1.14. If you’d like to help, I’m trying to do some work on porting it at https://github.com/Cadiboo/NoCubes/tree/1.13.2-config (currently only has the base GUI without any of the config entries implemented).

I'd love to help, though that would be difficult for me since I'm not very experienced making GUIS. Ill try do atleast something if I can though

It’s not really the GUI that’s the issue right now, it’s trying to understand how the old system works and trying to apply that to the slightly incomplete new system. The IConfigElement used by the old system needs significant changes, so do the config elements in the GUI. I’m not sure how to handle categories or the different input types (these changed too) and I haven’t even thought of how to make it save yet. 

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

7 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

It’s not really the GUI that’s the issue right now, it’s trying to understand how the old system works and trying to apply that to the slightly incomplete new system. The IConfigElement used by the old system needs significant changes, so do the config elements in the GUI. I’m not sure how to handle categories or the different input types (these changed too) and I haven’t even thought of how to make it save yet. 

I'll take a look. To test, how would I open the config menu? Just clicking Config or what?

With my repo? You need to launch the game, then recompile & hotswap the ModListGui from Forge. This enabled the Config GUI for NoCubes. Then you should be able to open the config menu. I’m thinking of removing the hasConfig method from ModInfo and replacing it with something else instead 

About Me

Spoiler

Just now, Cadiboo said:

With my repo? You need to launch the game, then recompile & hotswap the ModListGui from Forge. This enabled the Config GUI for NoCubes. Then you should be able to open the config menu. I’m thinking of removing the hasConfig method from ModInfo and replacing it with something else instead 

Thanks, how about replace for a list getConfigs() instead of a boolean hasConfig(), and if you want to check if it has a config check if the list is empty :P 

I was thinking

ConfigGuiHandler.getGuiFactoryFor(selectedMod).map(f->f.apply(this.mc, this)).ifPresent(newScreen -> this.mc.displayGuiScreen(newScreen)).orElse(() -> {

if(selectedMod.hasConfigs())

this.mc.displayGuiScreen(new GuiConfig(selectedMod.getConfigs()));

});

About Me

Spoiler

Just now, Cadiboo said:

I was thinking

ConfigGuiHandler.getGuiFactoryFor(selectedMod).map(f->f.apply(this.mc, this)).ifPresent(newScreen -> this.mc.displayGuiScreen(newScreen)).orElse(() -> {

if(selectedMod.hasConfigs())

this.mc.displayGuiScreen(new GuiConfig(selectedMod.getConfigs()));

});

Seems good to me :P I'm just fixing java references and fixing override methods atm. 

I should probably start a new repo for this tbh

About Me

Spoiler

20 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

So by recompile and hotswap, how is that done? Is it a gradle task or something I specify in build.gradle? 

Run the game in debug mode, open up the config screen, select NoCubes (see the greyed our config button), recompile the GuiModList and hotswap it in (just save it in eclipse). This will put the code from my modified version into the game (the one that enables the config for NoCubes). 

About Me

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

Run the game in debug mode, open up the config screen, select NoCubes (see the greyed our config button), recompile the GuiModList and hotswap it in (just save it in eclipse). This will put the code from my modified version into the game (the one that enables the config for NoCubes). 

I’m guessing that doesn’t apply to Intelij?

This applies to IntelliJ. Recompile the GuiModList class by either right clicking it in the project explorer and selecting “recompile” or going into the class in the editor and selecting “recompile”  from the build menu or recompiling it with the keybind (shift + fn + f9 by default).

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler