Theory-crafting: arrow functionality

OxeeMoron

I am toying with an idea where special arrows can be used to do different things, however it looks like standard logic for arrows is actually handled by the ItemBow class. Do I really need to requild/override vanilla bows in order to make my arrows function or is there some other way to replace what vanilla arrows do with my desired functions?

The bow just spawns the arrows, if you need to add logic in there use the onProjectileNock event and the ProjectileShootEvent (if it exists, I might be thinking of something else)

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Add crash-reports with sites like https://paste.ee/ Maybe an issue with blur, essentials or cumulus_menus
    • Add the crash-report or latest.log (logs-folder) with sites like https://paste.ee/ and paste the link to it here  
    • I have a problem, I am trying to put two different effects to two different armors but when I run it only the emerald armor effect works. This is the code public class ModArmorItem extends ArmorItem{ private static final Map<ArmorMaterial, MobEffectInstance> MATERIAL_TO_EFFECT_MAP = (new ImmutableMap.Builder<ArmorMaterial, MobEffectInstance>()) .put(ModArmorMaterials.EMERALD, new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.HERO_OF_THE_VILLAGE,200, 1,false,false, true)) .put(ModArmorMaterials.OBSIDIAN, new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.FIRE_RESISTANCE,200, 1,false,false, true)).build(); public ModArmorItem(ArmorMaterial pMaterial, Type pType, Properties pProperties) { super(pMaterial, pType, pProperties); } @Override public void onArmorTick(ItemStack stack, Level world, Player player){ if (!world.isClientSide()) { if (hasFullSuitOfArmorOn(player)) { evaluateArmorEffects(player); } } } private void evaluateArmorEffects(Player player) { for (Map.Entry<ArmorMaterial,MobEffectInstance> entry : MATERIAL_TO_EFFECT_MAP.entrySet()){ ArmorMaterial mapArmorMaterial = entry.getKey(); MobEffectInstance mapStatusEffect = entry.getValue(); if (hasCorrectArmorOn(mapArmorMaterial, player)) { addStatusEffectForMaterial(player, mapArmorMaterial, mapStatusEffect); } } } private void addStatusEffectForMaterial(Player player, ArmorMaterial mapArmorMaterial, MobEffectInstance mapStatusEffect) { boolean hasPlayerEffect = player.hasEffect(mapStatusEffect.getEffect()); if (hasCorrectArmorOn(mapArmorMaterial, player) && !hasPlayerEffect) { player.addEffect(new MobEffectInstance(mapStatusEffect)); } } private boolean hasCorrectArmorOn(ArmorMaterial material, Player player) { for (ItemStack armorStack : player.getInventory().armor){ if (!(armorStack.getItem() instanceof ArmorItem)) { return false; } } ArmorItem helmet = ((ArmorItem)player.getInventory().getArmor(3).getItem()); ArmorItem breastplace = ((ArmorItem)player.getInventory().getArmor(2).getItem()); ArmorItem leggins = ((ArmorItem)player.getInventory().getArmor(1).getItem()); ArmorItem boots = ((ArmorItem)player.getInventory().getArmor(0).getItem()); return helmet.getMaterial() == material && breastplace.getMaterial() == material && leggins.getMaterial() == material && boots.getMaterial() == material; } private boolean hasFullSuitOfArmorOn(Player player){ ItemStack helmet = player.getInventory().getArmor(3); ItemStack breastplace = player.getInventory().getArmor(2); ItemStack leggins = player.getInventory().getArmor(1); ItemStack boots = player.getInventory().getArmor(0); return !helmet.isEmpty() && !breastplace.isEmpty() && !leggins.isEmpty() && !boots.isEmpty(); } } Also when I place two effects on the same armor, the game crashes. Here is the crash file. The code is the same, only this part is different   private static final Map<ArmorMaterial, MobEffectInstance> MATERIAL_TO_EFFECT_MAP = (new ImmutableMap.Builder<ArmorMaterial, MobEffectInstance>()) .put(ModArmorMaterials.EMERALD, new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.HERO_OF_THE_VILLAGE,200, 1,false,false, true)) .put(ModArmorMaterials.EMERALD, new MobEffectInstance(MobEffects.FIRE_RESISTANCE,200, 1,false,false, true)).build(); I hope you guys can help me. Thanks.
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.