• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Override Item#onUpdate (which is called every tick if an instance of the item is in the player's inventory) and check if the isSelected parameter is true (which will be true if the player is holding the item). If true, the check if the player is crouching (PlayerEntity#isSneaking or something) and apply your effects.
    • I have been experimenting a bit and replaced grass_blocks an stone and it causes strange errors STONE: stone generates fine but caves don't spawn inside the stone GRASS: grass blocks don't generate instead there is just a lighting glitch and when updated spawns a non-textured block that behaves like grass yet the block still shows up in the creative tab and can be placed like normal LEAVES: behaves normally when placed by player but will not be generated by growing trees   this is the method I am using to register these blocks   @Mod.EventBusSubscriber(bus=Mod.EventBusSubscriber.Bus.MOD) public class RegistryEvents { @ObjectHolder("minecraft:stone") public static final Block STONE_BLOCK = null; @ObjectHolder("minecraft:grass_block") public static final Block GRASS_BLOCK = null; @SubscribeEvent public static void onBlocksRegistry(final RegistryEvent.Register<Block> blockRegistryEvent) { blockRegistryEvent.getRegistry().registerAll ( new Block(Block.Properties.create(Material.ROCK, MaterialColor.STONE).hardnessAndResistance(5.0f, 6.0F).sound(SoundType.STONE)).setRegistryName("minecraft:stone"), new GrassBlock(Block.Properties.create(Material.ORGANIC).tickRandomly().hardnessAndResistance(1.5F).sound(SoundType.PLANT)).setRegistryName("minecraft:grass_block") ); } @ObjectHolder("minecraft:stone") public static final Item STONE_ITEM = null; @ObjectHolder("minecraft:grass_block") public static final Block GRASS_ITEM = null; @SubscribeEvent public static void registerItems(RegistryEvent.Register<Item> event) { event.getRegistry().registerAll ( new BlockItemBase(STONE_BLOCK, ItemGroup.BUILDING_BLOCKS).setRegistryName("minecraft:stone"), new BlockItemBase(GRASS_BLOCK, ItemGroup.BUILDING_BLOCKS).setRegistryName("minecraft:grass_block") ); } } This is the  definition of BlockItemBase package com.Blocks; import net.minecraft.block.Block; import net.minecraft.item.BlockItem; import net.minecraft.item.Item; import net.minecraft.item.ItemGroup; public class BlockItemBase extends BlockItem { public BlockItemBase( Block blockIn, ItemGroup itemGroupIn) { super(blockIn, new Item.Properties().group(itemGroupIn)); } }   It seems to me that there is another step in registration that I am missing, unless minecraft's generation code surrounding these blocks is inflexible which I hop isn't the case
    • I've already created a custom ore but i want it to generate in the world like other ores would. How would i do this?
    • hello, a new modder here. So i've been in the process of making my first mod, when i hit a block. I can't figure out how to detect what a player is holding in their hand. I'm trying to make it so that when the player crouches and they are holding a sword in their hand they get strength and slowness. I've already tried to find an answer by looking it up on google, no luck.
    • When I open the jar folder it pops up the mod system installer and when I install client there it tells me that I have to run the version 1.6.4 manually at least once.
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)