Infinite Terrain Indicies Not Working

atrain99

I am using Forge for my mod, and I need to use infinite terrain indicies. I have a 256x256 image, png format, with my two existing ores in the upper left. I assume indicies go:

0-1-2 ... 15

16 etc...

Here's my mod_BetterWiring:

package net.minecraft.src;

import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraft.src.BetterWiring.Blocks.*;

//import net.minecraft.src.BetterWiring.Items.ItemVanadiumOxide;

import net.minecraft.src.forge.*;

public class mod_BetterWiring extends BaseMod {

public static final Block oreLead = new BlockLeadOre(205,0).setHardness(3F).setResistance(5F).setStepSound(Block.soundStoneFootstep).setBlockName("oreLead");

public static final Block oreSulfur = new BlockSulfurOre(206, 1).setHardness(3F).setResistance(5F).setStepSound(Block.soundStoneFootstep).setBlockName("oreLead");

//public static final Block oreVanadium = new BlockVanadiumOre(205, 0).setHardness(4F).setResistance(8F).setStepSound(Block.soundStoneFootstep).setBlockName("oreVanadium");

//public static final Item VO2 = (new ItemVanadiumOxide(127)).setIconIndex(0).setItemName("vanadiumOxide");

@Override

public String getVersion() {

return "Private Test for 1.2.5";

}

public mod_BetterWiring(){

}

@Override

public void load() {

MinecraftForgeClient.preloadTexture("/BetterWiring/Blocks/terrain.png");

//MinecraftForgeClient.preloadTexture("/BetterWiring/Items/items.png");

ModLoader.registerBlock(oreLead);

ModLoader.addName(oreLead,"Lead Ore");

ModLoader.registerBlock(oreSulfur);

ModLoader.addName(oreSulfur, "Sulfur Ore");

//Test recipes

ModLoader.addRecipe(new ItemStack(oreLead, 1), new Object[] {"XX", Character.valueOf('X'), Item.stick});

ModLoader.addRecipe(new ItemStack(oreSulfur, 1), new Object[] {"X X", Character.valueOf('X'), Item.stick});

System.out.println("Loaded");

}

public void generateSurface(World world, Random rand, int chunkX, int chunkZ){ 

for(int l = 0; l < 9; l++){                               

int i1 = chunkX + rand.nextInt(16);                               

int j1 = 15+rand.nextInt(27);                               

int k1 = chunkZ + rand.nextInt(16);

new WorldGenMinable(oreLead.blockID, 3).generate(world, rand, i1, j1, k1);

}

//for(int l = 0; l < 9; l++){                               

// int i1 = chunkX + rand.nextInt(16);                               

// int j1 = 25+rand.nextInt(30);                               

// int k1 = chunkZ + rand.nextInt(16);

// new WorldGenMinable(oreSulfur.blockID, 4).generate(world, rand, i1, j1, k1);

//}

}

}

and my BlockLeadOre:

package net.minecraft.src.BetterWiring.Blocks;

import java.util.Random;

import net.minecraft.src.Block;

import net.minecraft.src.Material;

import net.minecraft.src.forge.*;

public class BlockLeadOre extends Block implements ITextureProvider{

public BlockLeadOre(int i, int j){             

super(i, j, Material.rock);       

}

public int quantityDropped(Random random){               

return 1;       

}

public String getTextureFile(){

return "/BetterWiring/Blocks/terrain.png";

}

}

I am really, really lost with this, the textures are just white with black dots.

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

You can use the free software www.7zip.org to open the jar and drag all your textures into the jar. It's better to create a folder inside the jar so it's easier to find your textures among thousands of other files inside, but it doesn't really matter. Just make sure the path is correct.

For example, my mod's name is ICBM. So I have a folder called "ICBM" in the jar which contains all my textures. In my case the path of the texture will be "/ICBM/XXX.png".

There shouldn't be a problem after doing it correctly.

You can use the free software www.7zip.org to open the jar and drag all your textures into the jar. It's better to create a folder inside the jar so it's easier to find your textures among thousands of other files inside, but it doesn't really matter. Just make sure the path is correct.

For example, my mod's name is ICBM. So I have a folder called "ICBM" in the jar which contains all my textures. In my case the path of the texture will be "/ICBM/XXX.png".

What he said, but make sure you give your mod's folder a non-generic name or you'll end up like me, with probably at least 200 lines that have to be changed to rename the freaking folder.  :-\

I accidentally the everything then NullPointerException.

What he said, but make sure you give your mod's folder a non-generic name or you'll end up like me, with probably at least 200 lines that have to be changed to rename the freaking folder.  :-\

In my mod I created a static variable in my BaseMod that gives the texture directories to all items and blocks. I could just change the variable and all the texture paths will change. You should try doing that next time. :P

In my mod I created a static variable in my BaseMod that gives the texture directories to all items and blocks. I could just change the variable and all the texture paths will change. You should try doing that next time. :P

Yeah my problem is I just started learning from the beginning with a random idea that I've slowly built into what I have now. I had no clue what I was doing that far back, lol. Even after a few sessions of cleaning things up, I can still look back at some earlier stuff and see the learning progression...

Really, if I need to, I could just make a new item that does absolutely nothing different from the classless items except loads textures from a forge spritesheet, but I've been both lazy and busy...

I accidentally the everything then NullPointerException.

Yeah my problem is I just started learning from the beginning with a random idea that I've slowly built into what I have now. I had no clue what I was doing that far back, lol. Even after a few sessions of cleaning things up, I can still look back at some earlier stuff and see the learning progression...

Really, if I need to, I could just make a new item that does absolutely nothing different from the classless items except loads textures from a forge spritesheet, but I've been both lazy and busy...

Hmm where is your mod? I didn't see it yet. Give me a link to a forum post or something. I would like to check it out.

So if the texture files were in the net.minecraft.src.BetterWiring.Blocks package, I would have to make (in the client jar) /BetterWiring/Blocks/terrain.png

So, what would happen if I did push that shiny red button over there? ... Really? ... Can I try it? ... Damn.

YAY! It works!

But now I have a new problem... The lead ore is called sulfur ore, even though I used the ModLoader.addName(leadOre, "Lead Ore");

Help!