Advanced Plants

ashtonr12

how would i get a block after a certain time to change into another block and the when destroyed leave the first block in its place?

so bare bush grows into full bush and then when full bush is destroyed it leaves bare bush in its place to grow again next time.

I looked in BlockCrops but that only uses meta data and i would like it to change into an entirely new block. (BlockCrops has the growth rate thing.)

Use examples, i have aspergers.

Examples make sense to me.

how bout i tell you my full plan then you can guide me too the best way forward to achieve it;

- i would like a plant block (bare) that grows into one of a random few types of blocks say (blueberry bush) (red berry bush or green berry bush)

and when the full bush is broken it leaves the bare bush to grow back into another bush again.

i understand what you meant about meta data but i think changing the blocks without meta data would be simpler for me than trying to use meta data

- also bear in mind that i want each of the different berry bushes to drop different drops.

Can you direct me to a tutorial/walkthrough or walk me through this yourself please :)

thankyou for you patience and help :D

No it will be harder without using metadat.

The only thing that makes a normal block different from another of it's self is it's metadata.

If you aren't using metadata you will need to use TilEntitys which ain't hard but harder than just using metadata.

If you guys dont get it.. then well ya.. try harder...

ok then thankyou can someone walk me through how to;

-create a meta data block

-that grows overtime into stage into one of several meta data parts of this block. (eg base bush into green bush or blue bush or red bush)

-each meta data block part has a different blockdrop and different texture.

-how to make the grown block (green bush, blue bush, red bush) when broken the block goes back to the bare bush.

I tried to explain best i can if you need me to clarify i will try any help its greatly received.

a) i never said this

b) i need a walkthrough or something the first time i don something, but i can then repeat this and learn and improve this on my own.

c) i cant learn this without help as the closest code to this in minecraft itself is the block crops and i couldnt manipulate this to suit my own needs, its not like i havnt tried.

d) you dont have to help me yourself but i was hoping omeone would at least point me in the right direction or give me some helpful examples ok?