Noob_Master69

Can you explain that more?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

On 5/22/2019 at 4:33 AM, V0idWa1k3r said:

With a custom armor model your texture could be of any size.

You’ll need to write your own renderer that takes the parts of the textures from 1 file instead of two. As far as I can see, there is no advantage to doing this though.

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

On 5/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, Cadiboo said:

You’ll need to write your own renderer that takes the parts of the textures from 1 file instead of two. As far as I can see, there is no advantage to doing this though.

How do I do that exactly? Sorry I'm really a newbie at modding.

You would likely be copy and pasting and tweaking the existing renderer. You’ll need a good understanding off Java & rendering & modding before doing this though.

About Me

Spoiler

i would approach this differently it is also possible (but a bit tedious) to just replace the armor model in the item class of the armor if you override in your class that extends ItemArmor

@Override
	@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
	public ModelBiped getArmorModel(EntityLivingBase living, ItemStack stack, EntityEquipmentSlot armorSlot, ModelBiped defaultModel)
	{
		if(!stack.isEmpty())
		{
			if(stack.getItem() instanceof ItemArmor)
			{

EntityEquipmentSlot type = ((ItemArmor) stack.getItem()).armorType;
				ModelBiped armorModel = null;
				switch (type) {
				case HEAD:
					armorModel = new MODEL(1f);
					break;
				case LEGS:
					break;
				case FEET:
					armorModel = new MODEL(0.5f);
					break;
				case CHEST:
					break;
				default:
					break;
				}

armorModel.bipedHead.showModel = armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.HEAD;
				armorModel.bipedHeadwear.showModel = armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.HEAD;
				armorModel.bipedBody.showModel = (armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.CHEST)
						|| (armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.CHEST);
				armorModel.bipedRightArm.showModel = armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.CHEST;
				armorModel.bipedLeftArm.showModel = armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.CHEST;
				armorModel.bipedRightLeg.showModel = (armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.LEGS)
						|| (armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.FEET);
				armorModel.bipedLeftLeg.showModel = (armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.LEGS)
						|| (armorSlot == EntityEquipmentSlot.FEET);

armorModel.isSneak = defaultModel.isSneak;
				armorModel.isRiding = defaultModel.isRiding;
				armorModel.isChild = defaultModel.isChild;
				armorModel.rightArmPose = defaultModel.rightArmPose;
				armorModel.leftArmPose = defaultModel.leftArmPose;

return armorModel;
			}
		}
		return null;
	}   		

Edited by Oscarita25
forgot smth in the code

Please don’t post copypasta code, people will blindly use it without understanding it or learning anything from it

About Me

Spoiler

In addition don't do this

ModelBiped armorModel = null;
				switch (type) {
				case HEAD:
					break;
				case LEGS:
					break;
				case FEET:
					break;
				case CHEST:
					break;
				default:
					break;
				}

You are creating a new model each frame. Considering that models have to compute themselves into render lists this is an expensive operation.

That wasn’t directed at you

About Me

Spoiler

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 5:48 PM, Cadiboo said:

I've finally made my renderer but there's a problem.

Here's my code:

package com.galileogalilei.ironmanarmormod.client.model;

import net.minecraft.client.model.ModelBase;
import net.minecraft.client.model.ModelRenderer;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.GlStateManager;
import net.minecraft.entity.Entity;
import net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase;
import net.minecraft.util.EnumHand;
import net.minecraft.util.EnumHandSide;
import net.minecraft.util.math.MathHelper;

public class ModelSuits
  extends ModelBase
{
  public class ArmPose {

}

private static final String ArmPose = null;
public ModelRenderer field_78116_c;
  public ModelRenderer field_178720_f;
  public ModelRenderer field_78115_e;
  public ModelRenderer field_178723_h;
  public ModelRenderer field_178724_i;
  public ModelRenderer field_178721_j;
  public ModelRenderer field_178722_k;
  public String field_187075_l = ModelSuits.ArmPose;
  public String field_187076_m = ModelSuits.ArmPose;
  public boolean field_78117_n;

public ModelSuits() {
    this(0.0F);
  }

public ModelSuits(float ☃) 
  {
    this(☃, 0.0F, 64, 64);
  }

You said

14 hours ago, Noob_Master69 said:

there's a problem.

So where is the problem?

Also why do you use field_78116_c as names for your objects?

And why do you have a ArmPose class which does nothing?

And you only posted half of your class. You should post a complete class and say what your problem is otherwise nobody can help you.

On 6/23/2019 at 5:54 PM, Noob_Master69 said:

I've finally made my renderer but there's a problem.

Thats a java model, not a renderer.

About Me

Spoiler

7 hours ago, Noob_Master69 said:

The problem is that it doesn't render my models

I would say you need a model class and pass an instance of that class in the Item#getArmorModel method of your item class. If you still need help you need to post your classes.