• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• Have you tried looking through the code, starting with SpawnerBlock?   Best guess, having not tried this myself, is that the TileEntity for the SpawnerBlock controls the spawning, so I'd start looking there. :) I just opened SpawnerBlock, and the createTileEntity() method returns a new MobSpawnerTileEntity, so following into that class, I see there's a private AbstractSpawner field called spawnerLogic, so I'd probably go there next (as well as scan the rest of the code in the tile entity just to see if there's anything useful). . .you see what I mean.   Find something that looks promising, attempt to implement it, then come back here if it doesn't work, post a link to your code (having a github repo is the best way to share your code, and you likely will get more help having one, since it's easier to search through/clone/debug/etc) and also your debug.log (posting as a github gist is probably the best way, again with a link to here).
    • Project 'ProjectName' is missing required library: 'C:\Windows\System32\unresolved dependency - net.minecraftforge forge 1.15.2-31.1.0_mapped_snapshot_20190719-1.14.3'   I can't do anything. I encounter this error over and over again, and it won't disappear. I do exactly what every tutorial tells me to do, and I find this error. Forge 1.15.2-31.1.0 is installed on my launcher and already ran some times. JRE and JDK 1.8.0_251 are both installed on my computer. I reconfigured the system variables. Now I don't know what else could I have done wrong.
    • Rendering is difficult to debug because there are many different ways it can go wrong without any specific symptoms.  Taking baby steps is the best way to troubleshoot it, in my experience.   If you post your code on GitHub I can take a look if you like.   -TGG    
    • BTW block properties don't work like that; each block still has a blockstate for every possible combination of the properties that you attach to it, it just assigns a unique integer to each blockstate combination behind the scenes.   So for example - a block with a FACING (four directions), a POWERED (on or off), and a SPEED (slow, medium, fast, ludicrous) would have 4*2*4 = 32 different combinations.  If you tried to store a BlockPos it would try to make X * Y * Z combinations i.e. 2^32 * 256 * 2^32.    But you could for sure make each space on the chess board into a chess piece using blockstates (no tileentities) and have the master control the blockstate at each chess board location.  If you don't need animated figures then that's quite a bit simpler than using TileEntity and TileEntityRenderer    
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)