Error trying to load 1.13.2 Forge mod (null)

rgen

I'm new to modding - I setup an environment for 1.13.2 mod development, I created a Main class, pack.mcmeta and META-INF folder with mods.toml and I ran runClient to see if the mod would load. It's running into an NPE when its loading and I'm not sure what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

Here's the pastebin of the error: https://pastebin.com/EVtzYkrf

The NPE is at JarVersionLookupHandler, so I think I'm not setting up something with the version correctly?

Main class :

package com.matt.mod;

import net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Mod;

@Mod(Main.MOD_ID)
public class Main {

public static final String MOD_ID = "test";
}

mods.toml

modLoader="javafml" #mandatory
loaderVersion="[25,)" #mandatory
[[mods]] #mandatory
modId="test" #mandatory
version="1.0" #mandatory
displayName="Test" #mandatory
description='''
DESCRIPTION
'''

What am I doing wrong?

Did you comment out/remove the example mod? Does it still crash if you comment out your mod?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

11 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

Did you comment out/remove the example mod? Does it still crash if you comment out your mod?

Yeah, I've removed the example mod from the directory, the client still loads but it just shows a screen saying "Error loading mods" "Forge has failed to load correctly (null)," there hasn't been any crashing

16 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

Does it still crash if you comment out your mod?

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

21 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

It doesn't. I've found out the error though, its because when i run runClient, it starts with forge version 204, however this bug has been fixed in the latest version

--fml.forgeGroup, net.minecraftforge, --fml.forgeVersion, 25.0.204,

I've installed the latest version of forge, but do you know how to make it so runClient uses the latest version, not 204?

Edit: Fixed it, ty for the help

Edited by rgen

When you update forge you need to refresh the gradle project 

About Me

Spoiler