Unable to start server

OzzyPyro

Hello,

I am unable to start my server. I am running it on Ubuntu 18.04 if that matters and I am using MCMyAdmin. I am able to run a vanilla 1.12.2 server without issue, but cannot start a forge one. I installed forge by download the installer (not the windows one) and running it per instructions, and changed the jar file name to ForgeMod.jar to show MCMyAdmin to run that one in the settings. I haven't been able to find the log files but here is what shows in console https://pastebin.com/jKq2UZL4

The first part of the log where it shows a successful start was me going back to vanilla to try and see where the issue was

Not an expert, but do you have Java installed?

1. Failure Reason: The server failed to start multiple times, but the reason why is not known. You may have a corrupt server jar.
  2. Warning : Unable to detect java version! Java may not be installed or may be outdated.

3 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

1.12.2 only supports Java 8. You have Java 9 or higher.

Can you point me in a direction of where to get Java 8? Everything I've read says it's not available anymore... Does this mean no more 1.12.2?

5 hours ago, Destructuctor said:

Not an expert, but do you have Java installed?

1. Failure Reason: The server failed to start multiple times, but the reason why is not known. You may have a corrupt server jar.
  2. Warning : Unable to detect java version! Java may not be installed or may be outdated.

I have JRE JDK and Open JDK but not the right version I guess. I tried specifying the path to Java in my mcma config file as well