No wheat seed dropping ?

olfgrond

• 3 weeks later...

I love Forge too, which is why I started helping.

As I understand it, the idea was not to make any changes which would have to be undone for 1.14.x and therefore, hopefully, make it quicker for forge 1.14.x to be released.

Interesting, seems to of slipped through the cracks. With 1.13.2 being a transitional version and 1.14 right around the corner im not gunna spend to much time on this as it should be moot with 1.14's changes.

May be worth just nuking our patches related to this in 1.13.2 to keep vanilla compatibility.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon

Inconsistencies, make it hard to help:

1. When 'helping' on the forum following the rules as I know it, answering simple questions or reminding people to post logs in a certain way. The someone more senior comes along and helps anyway. Change it from a rule to a guideline or something and then let us all know, maybe by posting it in writing somewhere.

2. Testing forge. Being involved in reporting issues found during testing, 1.13.x was frustrating. The grass seed one was mentioned multiple times from very early and nothing happened. The beta was released with almost no mobs and one or maybe two people commented. You want more testers, ones that actually notice when no land based mobs spawn, help make the feed back process work. Decide where they need to be reported and come up with a label or format that makes the most of their value and allows others to add their tests of the same issue.

3. Generally knowing what is going on with development of Forge, I found out most of what I knew from comments in obscure PRs. The link to your document in the header on the forum is a great idea but also think of a less technical, more player oriented version that can be copy and pasted to answer any questions about 1.14.x.