[1.12.2] Detecting Player Interactions

Katherine1

I need to be able to detect when a player right clicks on another character and be able to tell who they clicked on, and who is doing the clicking. Unfortunately, Forge's lack of documentation and lack of mentioning anything on this topic in close to a decade has left me guessing and failing to come up with an event that would work.

On the server side, the PlayerInteractEvent sounds promising on paper, but it doesn't seem to contain any members that would get me information on both players in question.

On the client side, I could detect keypresses, but then I have no way of really getting information on who they clicked.

So is there a way to do this?

Edited by Katherine1

PlayerInteractEvent is a base class for the more specific interaction events, so it doesn't have all of the information itself.

PlayerInteractEvent.EntityInteract is fired when a player right clicks an entity (including another player). getEntityPlayer() will return the player that did the clicking, getTarget() will return the entity that was clicked.

Please don't PM me to ask for help. Asking your question in a public thread preserves it for people who are having the same problem in the future.