[1.5.1] Retractable Ladders

chupmacabre

Hey everyone, this is my first mod. I learned a lot about how Minecraft and Forge work while doing this one and I expect to make more. Without further ado, let me introduce...

Retractable Ladders 1.0

Retractable Ladders adds two new blocks to the game: A retractable ladder machine and a rope ladder to fill it up with.

Rope Ladder

9xKSsMw.png

This is a type of ladder made from vines and planks. It can only be placed on a wall if there is a solid block above it, or another rope ladder to attach to.

Retractable Ladder Machine

OkulKn3.png

The machine itself can be oriented any direction except facing up and down, and must be filled with rope ladders to operate. When supplied with a redstone signal, it will cause the ladder to unroll as far as it can (when it runs out of rope ladders or it can't reach any further) and then retract. I tried to make the ascend/descend speeds match how fast the player ascends/descends. If the machine is reactivated while retracting, it will immediately switch direction and begin descending again.

Screenshots

UkkCAcO.png

pMPrdPa.png

4ZCUeey.png

vcKQHJa.png

hH428LM.png

[media]

[/media]

Installation

Download

Installation is easy as long as you have Forge installed. Just drop the zip file into your client/server mods folder.

Terms

TERMS AND CONDITIONS

0. USED TERMS

MOD - modification, plugin, a piece of software that interfaces with the Minecraft client to extend, add, change or remove original capabilities.

MOJANG - Mojang AB

OWNER - chupmacabre, Original author(s) of the MOD. Under the copyright terms accepted when purchasing Minecraft (http://www.minecraft.net/copyright.jsp) the OWNER has full rights over their MOD despite use of MOJANG code.

USER - End user of the mod, person installing the mod.

1. LIABILITY

THIS MOD IS PROVIDED 'AS IS' WITH NO WARRANTIES, IMPLIED OR OTHERWISE. THE OWNER OF THIS MOD TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES INCURRED FROM THE USE OF THIS MOD. THIS MOD ALTERS FUNDAMENTAL PARTS OF THE MINECRAFT GAME, PARTS OF MINECRAFT MAY NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD INSTALLED. ALL DAMAGES CAUSED FROM THE USE OR MISUSE OF THIS MOD FALL ON THE USER.

2. USE

Use of this MOD to be installed, manually or automatically, is given to the USER without restriction.

3. REDISTRIBUTION

This MOD may only be distributed where uploaded, mirrored, or otherwise linked to by the OWNER solely. All mirrors of this mod must have advance written permission from the OWNER. ANY attempts to make money off of this MOD (selling, selling modified versions, adfly, sharecash, etc.) are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, and the OWNER may claim damages or take other action to rectify the situation.

4. DERIVATIVE WORKS/MODIFICATION

This mod is provided freely and may be decompiled and modified for private use, either with a decompiler or a bytecode editor. Public distribution of modified versions of this MOD require advance written permission of the OWNER and may be subject to certain terms.

Notes

I am currently working on an update for this mod. It will add a few variations of these blocks, modified recipes, new graphics, and perhaps a new feature or two.

Also, there is a weird issue that sometimes comes up with the redstone power. I'm not sure even when/why it happens specifically. All I know is that sometimes you need to play with the connection a bit to get it working, but I hope to have that fixed in the update.

I look forward to producing more mods in the future!

Feedback

Comments? Suggestions? Questions? Bugs? Let me know!