[1.13.2] json blockstate

Erfurt

Hey guys, so I'm currently in the process of updating a modding project, and I'm having some trouble with my blockstate files. It's something that was working in 1.12.2, and isn't anymore. I know that some textures have changed names, and that the vanilla way has been updated between 1.12.2 and 1.13.2, however I had been using the forge method, and they don't seems to work now. So my question is do I need to implement the changes from vanilla in the forge method?

Here's a couple of my files that is no longer working, these are taken from my 1.12.2 mod. So that's way the textures names are wrong.

Spoiler

{
    "forge_marker": 1,
    "defaults": {
        "textures": {
            "wall": "blocks/stonebrick"
        }
    },
    "variants": {
        "up"        : {
            "true"  : { "submodel": { "wall_up"    : { "model": "wall_post"                           }}},
            "false" : {}
        },
        "north"     : {
            "true"  : { "submodel": { "wall_north" : { "model": "wall_side", "uvlock": true           }}},
        },
        "east"      : {
            "true"  : { "submodel": { "wall_east"  : { "model": "wall_side", "uvlock": true, "y":  90 }}},
        },
        "south"     : {
            "true"  : { "submodel": { "wall_south" : { "model": "wall_side", "uvlock": true, "y": 180 }}},
        },
        "west"      : {
            "true"  : { "submodel": { "wall_west"  : { "model": "wall_side", "uvlock": true, "y": 270 }}},
        }
    }
}

{
    "forge_marker": 1,
    "defaults": {
        "textures": {
            "all": "eadore:blocks/block_amethyst"
        }
    },
    "variants": {
        "normal": { "model": "cube_all", "uvlock": true }
    }
}

My other question is do I need to make item models for all the blocks now aswell or does the forge method still not need them, for certain types of blocks?

So just to be clear nothing have really changed in my own naming scheme. So if nothing have changed with the method I'm using, then I must have done something wrong elsewhere. But if someone could just give me an example for a normal block, then I should be able to figure out how make it work with something like the wall blockstate.

Your log should tell you more about why it isn't loading the blockstate json.

I just used vanilla format without the forge_marker, so i can't comment on that one.

(Might have heard somewhere it's not implemented yet,but don't quote me on that.)

As for changes, one change is that the "normal" variant is now just an empty string "".

And the blocks and items folders now should be named block and item.

If you use your block as an item as well you will need an json model for it,

also you normally just use your block model as a parent and that's it.

For an example just look at the vanilla files.

8 hours ago, Keitaro said:

Your log should tell you more about why it isn't loading the blockstate json.

I just used vanilla format without the forge_marker, so i can't comment on that one.

(Might have heard somewhere it's not implemented yet,but don't quote me on that.)

As for changes, one change is that the "normal" variant is now just an empty string "".

And the blocks and items folders now should be named block and item.

If you use your block as an item as well you will need an json model for it,

also you normally just use your block model as a parent and that's it.

For an example just look at the vanilla files.

This is the main "error" that I get

Spoiler

[12:10:13.155] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBlock]: Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #all in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:13.155] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBlock]: Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #all in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:13.189] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBakery]: Unable to resolve texture reference: #down in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:13.189] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBakery]: Unable to resolve texture reference: #up in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:13.189] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBakery]: Unable to resolve texture reference: #north in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:13.189] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBakery]: Unable to resolve texture reference: #south in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:13.189] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBakery]: Unable to resolve texture reference: #west in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:13.189] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBakery]: Unable to resolve texture reference: #east in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:13.193] [Client thread/INFO] [minecraft/TextureMap]: Max texture size: 16384
[12:10:14.721] [Client thread/INFO] [minecraft/TextureMap]: Created: 512x512 textures-atlas
[12:10:14.873] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBlock]: Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #all in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:14.874] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBlock]: Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #all in minecraft:block/cube_all
[12:10:14.874] [Client thread/WARN] [minecraft/ModelBlock]: Unable to resolve texture due to upward reference: #all in minecraft:block/cube_all

The thing is that I have about a hundred blocks, and if I have to redo all of my blockstates and have them be "vanillafied", making new files for blocks and blockitems, that's going to take me about a week to do, as I have very limited time to work on this. So if I could use my old files, by updating a few things here and there, then that would be great.

Also can anyone confirm or deny if it's implemented or not at this stage? I'm using the 1.13.2 - 25.0.90 version. No point in trying to make it work if it's not implemented. :)

I don't think it's high on the list, since the vanilla way works just fine.

The 100 item models you will need either way.

Since the changes should be fairly similar in all your files,

you could look into regular expressions and a way to automate the conversion.

6 minutes ago, Keitaro said:

I don't think it's high on the list, since the vanilla way works just fine.

The 100 item models you will need either way.

Since the changes should be fairly similar in all your files,

you could look into regular expressions and a way to automate the conversion.

Well... It's not just the item models I need to make, I also need to make block models, and redo all the blockstates. And when many of my blocks use multiple different models, then it quickly adds up. I understand that it might not be high on the list, however it seems that they are working on it, so I can wait till it's done.