How do i put this in a method?

Drachenbauer

In my RenderHandler class i have this:

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityRed.class, new IRenderFactory<EntityRed>()
		{
			@Override
			public Render<? super EntityRed> createRenderFor(RenderManager manager)
			{
				return new RenderRed(manager);
			}
		});

And i have five of theese there for five entitys (and more of them later).

So i think, Maybe i can pack this in a methode inside the class to have just a simple call of this method for each entity.

I think, this wil make the coode look cleaner ans shorter.

But i´m not sure how tho declare two class-variables in a methode head (one for the Entity class and one for the Render class), wich i can use to replace all "EntityRed" and "RenderRed" in this piece of code, if it´s located in the body of the new method.

I´ll giive the actual classes into the method, if i call it

How do i do this?

Edited by Drachenbauer

Since the IRenderFactory just provides a renderer, you can use lambda expressions.

Like this:

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityRed.class,(RenderManager manager) -> new RenderRed(manager));

It's still one line per Entity, but i think it doesn't get shorter.

Edited by Keitaro

Another question:

Do i need to add some kind of connection to my actuall entity registrations in the Main-class?

I mean my entities still look like chickens, if i spawn them with eggs...

And i think, i have the call of the method, that holds all that stuff in the right place in the Main-class.

my registries are in the places, you said.

the render registry look like this in Main:

private void clientRegistries(final FMLClientSetupEvent event)
	{
		RenderHandler.regigisterEntityRenders();
	}

the called method holds the lines (for each entity) you gave me to make my stuff shorter.

What exactly do you mean with  "/summon"

Oh, you mean spawn it directly in the game world with a command instead of egg?

Edited by Drachenbauer

In the Litt, that pops up with that command, and there are the names of my birds.

But the result allso looks like a chicken.

And it makes a message: something like "chicken spawned" , not the name of my bird (i use german language in the game, so the message is a bit different for me)

It seams like there is no connection between the entity registries and the render registries...

Edited by Drachenbauer

The name should be right even if the renderer doesn't work.

The problem seems to be with the entity itself.

I take it your EntityRed extends EntityChicken

and RenderRed extends RenderChicken as well?

Do you have your code somewhere on github or something?

Should also work.

I forgot to override getEntityTexture in one instance, that's why i asked.

But as i said before, the problem is with EntityRed itself.

If the entity was correct, it should say whatever the name of your entity is,

if you spawn it, regadless of how it looks.

16 hours ago, Keitaro said:

Since the IRenderFactory just provides a renderer, you can use lambda expressions.

Like this:

RenderingRegistry.registerEntityRenderingHandler(EntityRed.class,(RenderManager manager) -> new RenderRed(manager));

It's still one line per Entity, but i think it doesn't get shorter.

You can also use RenderRed::new instead of the lambda

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

You should look into what you make your classes a child of.

EntityChicken calls the constructor of EntityAnimal and sets the EntityType to CHICKEN.

Since your rendere extends the parent of chicken, i thought that's what you had done with your entity as well.

Edited by Keitaro

Not extend chicken, since everything down the line will be a chicken.

Use the parent of chicken.

Most of the time you don't want to use the last class in the inheritance chain of minecraft.

There is almost every time some fixed values you can't change.

in 1.12.2 extend from chicken worked

oh and one of theese birds should be able to lay eggs (Mathilda, the white one, because she has this abilita in the Abgry Birds games too).

how can i do this, if i cannot extend from chicken any mor?

Edited by Drachenbauer

1. Personally, I don't see the point of extending EntityChicken in the first place, as I'm pretty sure "angry birds" behave very differently from chicken (unless you are planning to make it otherwise).

If you are planning to override EntityChicken but change/override a significant amount of methods to change its behavior, I would suggest to just build a new mob from scratch instead.

42 minutes ago, Drachenbauer said:

how can i do this, if i cannot extend from chicken any mor?

Look in EntityChicken and see how the chicken handles it.

Hint:

Spoiler

Add a timer that updates every EntityLivingBase#onLivingUpdate. Once the timer reaches a certain value, reset it and spawn an egg as EntityItem in the world.

Edited by DavidM

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

i want them just run around in my world and that one laying eggs, that´s all.

I add no green pigs to my world, so they should not fight or something like that.

And in my Main-class i have an registerEntityAndEgg method to make my code look more clean.

But that makes errors now...

What must i change there

Edited by Drachenbauer

8 minutes ago, Drachenbauer said:

But that makes errors now...

If it is a syntax error, try fixing it yourself; if it is a runtime error, post the error as well as your code.

Some tips:

Spoiler

Modder Support:

Spoiler

1. Do not follow tutorials on YouTube, especially TechnoVision (previously called Loremaster) and HarryTalks, due to their promotion of bad practice and usage of outdated code.

2. Always post your code.

3. Never copy and paste code. You won't learn anything from doing that.

Programming via Eclipse's hotfixes will get you nowhere

5. Learn to use your IDE, especially the debugger.

The "picture that's worth 1000 words" only works if there's an obvious problem or a freehand red circle around it.

Support & Bug Reports:

Spoiler

1. Read the EAQ before asking for help. Remember to provide the appropriate log(s).

2. Versions below 1.11 are no longer supported due to their age. Update to a modern version of Minecraft to receive support.

it´s a complicated type of syntax error, please look into my mod on githob and check my method.

I don´t know, how to declare a variable from typ class in the head-line of the method.

but this must be there, that i can put in my actual entity classes in the call of the method.

It looks like my entities need thier own EntityType constants likt the chicken has "CHICKEN"

Otherwhise they will not interact with the class "EntityType", that is used in the headlines of the registerEntities event method and the registerEntityAndEgg method .

Edited by Drachenbauer

This is my method:

public static <T extends Entity>EntityType<T> registerEntityAndEgg(IForgeRegistry<Item> itemRegistry, Class<T> entityClass, Function<? super World, T> factory, int eggPrimaryColor, int eggSecondaryColor, int trackingRange, int updateFrequency, boolean sendVelocityUpdates, String name)
	    {
	        @SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
			EntityType<T> type = (EntityType<T>) EntityType.Builder.create(entityClass, factory).tracker(trackingRange, updateFrequency, sendVelocityUpdates).build(Reference.MOD_ID + '.' + name).setRegistryName(name);
	        itemRegistry.register(new ItemSpawnEgg(type, eggPrimaryColor, eggSecondaryColor, new Item.Properties().group(ItemGroup.MATERIALS)).setRegistryName(name + "_spawn_egg"));
	        return type;
	    }

How should a method look like, that handles entity-classes with no connection to "EntityType"

the errors appear in the calls of the method and say this:

The type EntityRed does not define EntityRed(World) that is applicable here

Edited by Drachenbauer