[Solved]1.12 Creating New Harvest Levels?

Justin_Perry

I want to create harvest levels greater than what exists and one in-between. I have added a new material, adamant. This material is supposed to be better than diamond but only minable by diamond. How can I make the adamant ore a higher harvest level than diamond?  I'm sorry if this is super simple, sometimes my brain does not work right.

Edited by Justin_Perry

So, make its harvest level 4. You can absolutely do that, its just an interger.

• Thanks 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

47 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

So, make its harvest level 4. You can absolutely do that, its just an interger.

Alright, so I have set the materials, their harvest levels as well as the blocks and their harvest levels. However, a bronze pick can mine every block. Any suggestions? Here is some code:

package Justin_Perry.learningMod.init;

import java.util.ArrayList;
import java.util.List;

import Justin_Perry.learningMod.items.hammer;
import Justin_Perry.learningMod.items.itemBase;
import Justin_Perry.learningMod.items.armor.armorBase;
import Justin_Perry.learningMod.items.tools.ModPickaxe;
import Justin_Perry.learningMod.items.tools.ToolPickaxe;
import Justin_Perry.learningMod.util.Reference;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.init.Blocks;
import net.minecraft.init.Items;
import net.minecraft.init.SoundEvents;
import net.minecraft.inventory.EntityEquipmentSlot;
import net.minecraft.item.Item;
import net.minecraft.item.Item.ToolMaterial;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemArmor.ArmorMaterial;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemAxe;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemPickaxe;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemTool;
import net.minecraftforge.common.util.EnumHelper;

public class modItems {

public static final List<Item> ITEMS = new ArrayList<Item>();

//Materials

public static final ToolMaterial MATERIAL_BRONZE = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("material_bronze", 2, 300, 7.0F, 1.5F, 14);
	public static final ToolMaterial MATERIAL_FAIRY = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial ("material_fairy", 2, 325, 7.5F, 2.0F, 14);
	public static final ToolMaterial MATERIAL_MITHRIL = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("material_mithril", 2, 350, 8.0F, 2.5F, 14);
	public static final ToolMaterial MATERIAL_ADAMANT = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("material_adamant", 4, 2019, 8.5F, 3.0F, 10);
	public static final ToolMaterial MATERIAL_RUNE = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("material_rune", 5, 2500, 9.0F, 3.5F, 10);
	public static final ToolMaterial MATERIAL_HERMANITE = EnumHelper.addToolMaterial("material_hermanite", 6, 3000, 9.5F, 4.0F, 12);

//Items

public static final Item COPPER_INGOT = new itemBase("copper_ingot");
	public static final Item COPPER_DUST = new itemBase("copper_dust");
	public static final Item TIN_INGOT = new itemBase("tin_ingot");
	public static final Item TIN_DUST = new itemBase("tin_dust");
	public static final Item BRONZE_INGOT = new itemBase("bronze_ingot");
	public static final Item BRONZE_DUST = new itemBase("bronze_dust");
	public static final Item FAIRY_DUST = new itemBase("fairy_dust");
	public static final Item FAIRY_INGOT = new itemBase("fairy_ingot");
	public static final Item MITHRIL_DUST = new itemBase("mithril_dust");
	public static final Item MITHRIL_INGOT = new itemBase("mithril_ingot");
	public static final Item ADAMANTITE_INGOT = new itemBase("adamantite_ingot");
	public static final Item ADAMANTITE_DUST = new itemBase("adamantite_dust");
	public static final Item RUNITE_INGOT = new itemBase("runite_ingot");
	public static final Item RUNITE_DUST = new itemBase("runite_dust");
	public static final Item HERMANITE_INGOT = new itemBase("hermanite_ingot");
	public static final Item HERMANITE_DUST = new itemBase("hermanite_dust");
	public static final Item HAMMER = new hammer("hammer");

//Tools

public static final ModPickaxe BRONZE_PICKAXE = new ToolPickaxe("bronze_pickaxe", modItems.MATERIAL_BRONZE);
	public static final ModPickaxe FAIRY_PICKAXE = new ToolPickaxe("fairy_pickaxe", modItems.MATERIAL_FAIRY);
	public static final ModPickaxe MITHRIL_PICKAXE = new ToolPickaxe("mithril_pickaxe", modItems.MATERIAL_MITHRIL);
	public static final ModPickaxe ADAMANTITE_PICKAXE = new ToolPickaxe("adamantite_pickaxe", modItems.MATERIAL_ADAMANT);
	public static final ModPickaxe RUNITE_PICKAXE = new ToolPickaxe("runite_pickaxe", modItems.MATERIAL_RUNE);
	public static final ModPickaxe HERMANITE_PICKAXE = new ToolPickaxe("hermanite_pickaxe", modItems.MATERIAL_HERMANITE);

//Armor

}

and

package Justin_Perry.learningMod.blocks;

import java.util.ArrayList;

import Justin_Perry.learningMod.init.modBlocks;
import net.minecraft.block.SoundType;
import net.minecraft.block.material.Material;
import net.minecraft.block.state.IBlockState;
import net.minecraft.item.ItemStack;
import net.minecraft.util.math.BlockPos;
import net.minecraft.world.IBlockAccess;

public class adamantiteOre extends blockBase {

public adamantiteOre(String name, Material material) {

super(name, material);
		setSoundType(SoundType.STONE);
		setHardness(4.0F);
		setResistance(5.0F);
		setHarvestLevel("pickaxe", 3);

}

@Override
	public ArrayList<ItemStack> getDrops(IBlockAccess world, BlockPos pos, IBlockState blockstate, int fortune){
		ArrayList<ItemStack> drops = new ArrayList<ItemStack>();

drops.add(new ItemStack(modBlocks.ADAMANTITE_ORE_BLOCK, 1));

return drops;
}
}

By 

8 hours ago, Justin_Perry said:

can mine every block

Do you mean...

a) can break the block

b) can break the block and gives item drops

Also:

8 hours ago, Justin_Perry said:

setHarvestLevel("pickaxe", 3);

You set your harvest level to 3 (not 4).

Edited by Draco18s

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

23 hours ago, Justin_Perry said:

I want to create harvest levels greater than what exists and one in-between.

Harvest levels are stored via the integer variable (int), so you can't necessarily use a Harvest Level of say... 2.5. It probably is possible though, but if it is it will convoluted. Like Draco said above though, you can set the harvest level to any whole number. As long as it has a tool with a matching or higher harvest level, it can be broken by said tool.

Follow these rules when talking to me, and we'll get along fine.

1).I know Java fairly well. I don't know as much about modding. They are not the same, don't compare them.

2). I consider myself to always be learning. I make mistakes, you make mistakes. Who doesn't?

3). Insult me, and I will leave the thread. I have a real life, I don't have time to throw petty insults in a Minecraft Modding forum.

ModMCdl - Co-Founder and Director of Design for Artemis Game Studios

19 minutes ago, ModMCdl said:

As long as it has a tool with a matching or higher harvest level, it can be broken by said tool.

Harvested. You can break any block with your first if you really want to.