[1.13.2] Baking a Model WITHOUT an assigned block?

mrburgerUS

Hi everyone,

I have started a new topic because I feel this issue, while related, is sufficiently different. I am able to replace the Grass model with a "wrapper" (sets which quads to provide based on world) in 

ModelBakeEvent

BUT, I have hit a wall of creating a "headless" model for the Alpha Textured Grass block. In 1.13.2, this would be easy if I just registered a new block, the system would automatically load it and everything would work. My problem is that I need to turn a JSON not associated with any block into an IBakedModel. I have spent 2 days trying to figure out how to parse and convert the JSON, but it appears everything is done behind the scenes now. Is this even possible?

For reference, ModelBlock.class has a deserialize method, should I use that?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

3 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

Hi Cadiboo,

I have read over this before, in the days between my last post. I have created my own ModelsCache, that uses IUnbakedModel instead of IModel for the model cache, because I had issues with using it as written. As I understand it, I load the model manually in TextureStitchEvent, putting it into the Models Cache for retrieval during bake. Is this correct?

No, as I understand it you load the textures in the texture stitch event and load and bake the models in the model bake event. This method was developed by elix_x and @Draco18s. I pretty much copied and tweaked it. Draco is more likely to know how it actually works

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

3 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

No, as I understand it you load the textures in the texture stitch event and load and bake the models in the model bake event. This method was developed by elix_x and @Draco18s. I pretty much copied and tweaked it. Draco is more likely to know how it actually works

Ah, I see. The methodology makes sense, but how do I deserialize the textures from the block's JSON for loading? ICustomModelLoader? I am not opposed to creating a Parser if I have to.

EDIT: Model does not have a getTextures Method anymore, only the IUnbakedModel implementation has that method.

Edited by mrburgerUS
Additional clarification.

29 minutes ago, mrburgerUS said:

Ah, I see. The methodology makes sense, but how do I deserialize the textures from the block's JSON for loading? ICustomModelLoader? I am not opposed to creating a Parser if I have to.

EDIT: Model does not have a getTextures Method anymore, only the IUnbakedModel implementation has that method.

I fixed it! it ended up being a simple JSON error, I used the grass_block as an example for my model, and the 

"parent": "block/block",

line was causing parsing issues! The textures now load perfectly. Its awesome!

4 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

For the record I barely know how it works. There was a lot of trial and error and things would crash without any real information at to what happened.

• Haha 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

2 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

For the record I barely know how it works. There was a lot of trial and error and things would crash without any real information at to what happened.

Exactly! This problem took 5 days to solve, but I am super please with the results. It dynamically swaps out Baked Models, and it is beautiful.