[1.13.2] [SOLVED] Intellij / runClient issues

desht

Took me a few days, but I've managed to port 1.12.2 mod to 1.13.2, at least to the point where it compiles.  However, getting it to actually run is another matter...

I'm using Intellij and I've run the genIntellijRuns task (which completed without error), but when trying to run the runClient task, I'm getting this:

> Configure project :
New Dep: net.minecraftforge:forge:1.13.2-25.0.48_mapped_snapshot_20190214-1.13.1

> Task :compileJava FAILED
error: cannot access CanIgnoreReturnValue
  class file for com.google.errorprone.annotations.CanIgnoreReturnValue not found
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
1 error

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 5.0.
Use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings.
See https://docs.gradle.org/4.9/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings

Anyone else seen this?  Github repo is at https://github.com/desht/ModularRouters/tree/MC 1.13-master for reference. 

Edited by desht

Can you post the result with -s and have you tried re-importing the project & then rerunning genIntellijRuns?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

runClient -s output posted here: https://pastebin.com/JJNi1JKW

I've cloned the github repo into a new clean directory, run ./gradlew genIntellijRuns, and ./gradlew runClient - same result.

Running the Hotspot JVM 1.8.0_201 on Linux Mint 17.3 if it's relevant.

$ java -version
java version "1.8.0_201"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

Edited by desht

Think I've actually got this working by adding error-prone as a dependency:

dependencies {
    minecraft "net.minecraftforge:forge:${config.mc_version}-${config.forge_version}"
    provided "com.google.errorprone:error_prone_annotations:2.1.0"
}

Looking back, I had that in 1.12.2 as well, but commented it out.  Not sure why I need it, since it seems non-standard, but Minecraft starts up with that in place, at least.

Of course, it crashes with an NPE very quickly but that's my incomplete porting and within my power to fix :)

• Like 1