Replacement for StateMappers in 1.13.2 / BlockState hierarchies [Resolved]

daruskiy

Turns out you can actually just pass in a full route to ResourceLocation after looking at ModelBakery. So something like works for those who are curious: 

new ResourceLocation(yourModID, "subfolder/" + blockname)

after which the block or item will resolve to modid.subfolder.blockname at runtime

I was reading over https://gist.github.com/williewillus/353c872bcf1a6ace9921189f6100d09a and saw that StateMappers are completely removed.

I was using the StateMapper in 1.12 to define a custom BlockState hierarchy. i.e. blockstates/typeA/someblock.json, blockStates/typeB/someotherblockingroup.json

Additional as part of ModelRegistry event I was using 

ModelLoader.setCustomModelResourceLocation

To achieve the same behavior for the items folder. 

After reading over the new files nothing stands out about a method to be to reproduce this behavior. 

Is anyone aware of a method that is able to achieve the same behavior? It is neccessary for me due to have ~1000 blocks with variants + ~500 separate items discounting itemblocks.

Edited by daruskiy
provided solution

Welcome to The Flattening. Metadata "variants" are no longer a thing. 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

24 minutes ago, Draco18s said:

Welcome to The Flattening. Metadata "variants" are no longer a thing. 

Correct but I don't need it for metadata. I was just using the StateMapper to help create/organize my BlockStates and item folders with an inner hierarchy that would make it more manageable and more easily traceable for the blocks im working with.

i.e.

blockstates/someAbstractGroup (not metadata, just individual blocks) / someBlocksinhere.json'

blockStates/anotherGroup/[someotherblock.json, someotherblock.json], etc.

if that makes sense

heres how it used to be in 1.12 for reference: 

Edited by daruskiy

Turns out you can actually just pass in a full route to ResourceLocation after looking at ModelBakery. So something like works for those who are curious: 

new ResourceLocation(yourModID, "subfolder/" + blockname)

after which the block or item will resolve to modid.subfolder.blockname at runtime

Edited by daruskiy

Resource locations have always been able to do that. 

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.