Forge 1.13.2 Setup

So I just noticed that Forge 1.13.2 is finally accessible on the files page and immediately downloaded the mdk to start making a mod. The Readme file still says I should just run 'gradlew setupDecompWorkspace' like before. But for some reason that task is missing. Even 'gradlew tasks' only shows the default gradle tasks. All of the documentations I could find online are still referring to 1.12 and below. Am I doing something wrong or is Forge 1.13.2 just in such an early stage that the mdk does not work yet?

46 minutes ago, V0idWa1k3r said:

If you are using idea just import the mdk as a gradle project, gradle will handle everything for you after which you canrun genIntellijRuns.

If you are using eclipse run the eclipse task although I believe you might be able to just import it as a gradle project aswell.

Yes that worked, thank you. I like that the setup process is easier now than before, but I think they should consider updating the readme or else a lot of gradle newbies like me will get really confused about this.

EDIT: Just if anyone else is having the same problem: I am using Eclipse and for me, running 'gradlew eclipse' and then importing the mdk as an existing Gradle project worked. However, Eclipse is kinda weird and while it is setting up the newly imported project in the background, there is no real indication that it's doing something for like 3 minutes other than a tiny progress bar in the bottom right corner of the screen. After that, the project will appear on the left. So if the project does not show up right after importing it, just check if that progress bar is there and if it is, just wait a bit.

Edited by Mark_225

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 8:49 PM, Mark_225 said:

Yes that worked, thank you. I like that the setup process is easier now than before, but I think they should consider updating the readme or else a lot of gradle newbies like me will get really confused about this.

EDIT: Just if anyone else is having the same problem: I am using Eclipse and for me, running 'gradlew eclipse' and then importing the mdk as an existing Gradle project worked. However, Eclipse is kinda weird and while it is setting up the newly imported project in the background, there is no real indication that it's doing something for like 3 minutes other than a tiny progress bar in the bottom right corner of the screen. After that, the project will appear on the left. So if the project does not show up right after importing it, just check if that progress bar is there and if it is, just wait a bit.

Thanks for this infomation !

Points at IntelliJ

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)