Checking adjacent blocks on place? (1.7.10)

Roadhog360

Hey, so. I have a block that changes to something else when water is next to it which works almost fine, using a heavily modified version of the stuff in BlockLiquid.
However, if I place the block next to water, and that water does not move, such as placing it in a lake, the block will not change.
I have to update a block next to it first, or allow more water to flow into it.

Because of this, I need a way to check for adjacent blocks when the block is placed to add on to what I already have.

Edited by Roadhog360
Fixed another typo.

1.7.10 is no longer supported here because it's four years old if not more at this point.

Update

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Due to the massive amount of mods I like only for 1.7.10, and not liking some of the stuff done in newer versions, I will not be updating.
In this case I will be seeking support elsewhere. Thank you for letting me know these forums do not support legacy versions. 

On 2/3/2019 at 5:39 PM, Roadhog360 said:

In this case I will be seeking support elsewhere. Thank you for letting me know these forums do not support legacy versions. 

We apologize, but there just isn't the repository of knowledge about how to mod for older versions, too much changed (not just game play wise, but technical implementations!)

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.