Making basic hello world command with forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614

TheRam

Hi, I have limited experience with forge modding, but I'm fairly well practiced in many different coding languages especially java as it is one of my first. I'm having a problem at seemingly the most basic level. I had written a small hello world command to be added to my forge mod, and it worked. You type /cmd then in-game chat returns "hello world!", easy right? Well now the exact same code is no longer working I even started all the way over with a new workspace with the default example mod, and just added the cmd.java on its own. chat just returns that it is not a command, even though the mod compiles and loads.

cmd.java

Of course! I was sure I never implemented event.registerServerCommand in Main before when it had worked. I must be mistaken though because as soon as I put it in Main it worked right away. Perhaps I accidentally removed it when rolling back API installs idk

I couldn't implement CommandBase btw only ICommand looks to work

This mod is meant for server-side only so compareTo always returning 0 shouldn't really be a problem right?

at any rate, I appreciate the help thanks a million ill make sure to not add attachments next time

Sorry we don't support 1.7.10 (it's 4+ years old!) or any version under 1.10 on this forum anymore due to their age. We simply don't know how to help you anymore. You can go to the Minecraft Forum where I think that they still still support older versions, or update to a modern version of Minecraft (the latest version or the one before it) to receive support on this forum.

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)