onLivingDeath event not fireing at EntityPlayer#onDeath ?

Eiachh

So I tried to answer a thread here and i made an example which works fine at local 

When game is "singleplayer" the onLivingDeath fires on
All entities

When game is "multiplayer" the onLivingDeath fires on
All entities but any form of players

This is weird since the documentation says it will fire on  EntityPlayers

@SubscribeEvent
	public void reeewdyeven(LivingDeathEvent event){
		System.out.println("WTF");
		if (true){
			System.out.println("asd");
			Minecraft mc = Minecraft.getMinecraft();
			mc.player.sendChatMessage(" died");
		}
	}

This is Running on my client and does say in server chat "died" when a mob dies

Does nothing when the owner (ME) or any player dies.
Is there any other event that catches it or how does your client even notices that somebody died then? (why is it working on local??? )

29 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:

It is working "on local", since in single player client and server run in the same JVM, so your code runs on the server side. LivingDeathEvent is only reliable on the server, the server does not really tell the client about entity deaths, the client only knows "the entity no longer exists". There is no way to distinguish between "the entity despawned" and "the entity was killed by an arrow" on the client. This kind of stuff must be done on the server.

You might want to read up on how sides work: https://mcforge.readthedocs.io/en/latest/concepts/sides/.

Okay understood I did it with serverside and  it is indeed working there. But I dont get the client part still. I was aware of the sides but can you explain this please then

If the LivingDeathEvent  is only reliable on the server how could i catch a packet that informs the client that some Entity has to disappear since the client is informed correctly and reliably every time something dies.

PS: i know its easier on the server still BUT the example was a client sided only mod. So how would you get any info when an entity dies? eg:can the proxy catch the targetted packet?

19 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

There is no way to know "how did this entity die" on the client. It must happen on the server.

Well, you could send a custom packet from the server to tell the client what happened.  But - directed at @Eiachh - this feels a bit like an XY problem.  Why do you need this level of information on the client in the first place, and what are you trying to achieve?

1 minute ago, desht said:

Well, you could send a custom packet from the server to tell the client what happened.  But - directed at @Eiachh - this feels a bit like an XY problem.  Why do you need this level of information on the client in the first place, and what are you trying to achieve?

Well basically I DONT there were this guy who were trying to make a CLIENT SIDE ONLY mod which would do somethign when a player dies "show particles" but this solution would involve the mod to be on the server as well.

Anyway I am not bothering with it anymore since if i would need it i would just install it on the server as well and make the server handle it. But beside this I still don't understand why is this event fireing all the time(on the client) when a mobentity dies without missing even 1 but never fires when a player dies. But fires flawlessly on the physical server side.

On 1/4/2019 at 12:10 AM, Eiachh said:

fireing all the time(on the client)

Which client?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

3 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

Which client?

If you are joined to a physical server then this event fires on the logical client ( @sideonly(side.client),    worls.isRemote==true) if I am correct. This is what i meant. But only for mob deaths. But still I am not interested in this anymore so don't bother with it at least not for me.