[1.12.2] OldBoosters - Nostalgia Mod

Kitlith

OldBoosters

Reenable the old minecart boosters from Alpha

oldboosters.gif

Features:

• The booster bug and speed cap can be turned on an off separately on a per-minecart basis.
  • There's a config setting to set the defaults for newly placed minecarts. (by default, the booster bug is enabled and the speed cap is removed)
    • You can bypass the setting by using an NBT tag, e.g. /summon minecraft:minecart ~ ~ ~ {EnableBoosters:true/false,RemoveCap:true/false}

Notes:

This is not 100% faithful to the old minecart physics still, mainly because my main goal was to re-enable the booster bug.

Apparently, if you have a non-bugged cart and a bugged cart, they still accelerate, just not quite as much as two bugged carts.
The Speed Cap not being present is what made these boosters super powerful, allowing hundreds of blocks per boost.

The carts don't appear to go faster, just for a longer distance. Maybe there's a better term over 'speed cap'...

With the speed cap in place, these boosters are only slightly better than powered rails so far as I can tell.

This is a coremod (even if I'm using mixins instead of Forge's coremod arcitecture).

It's also my first (released) mod. I've tested it as much as I could, but I wouldn't be surprised if I've done something against good practices/guidelines. If I have, help me out.

Latest Release: https://github.com/kitlith/OldBoosters/releases/latest

Source Code: https://github.com/kitlith/OldBoosters

Inspired/based off of Exalm's OldDays mod. Why didn't I recreate the whole thing? I wasn't interested. Feel free to fork this for your own purposes, though.

Edited by Kitlith
  • Like 1

Have you considered adding an option to disable the speed cap?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

6 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

Have you considered adding an option to disable the speed cap?

It's off by default (which seems most in line with this mod), but you can change that on a cart-by-cart basis.

EDIT: Sorry, the defaults are set as config options, so you can also turn the speed cap back on for all new carts.

Edited by Kitlith

• 3 years later...