[1.12.2] [Solved] Problems with GuiButtonImage()

Spacejet

I wanted to have a different kind of button with different states and different images as the texture depending on the state. So, I decided to extend GuiButtonImage() and create class that just checks and sets the state and manages the texture. It is kind of unnecessary but I am going to use the same button with the same textures over and over again so decides to make the class. Also, I think I might have to override drawButton() anyways to update the textures on my button depending on the state.

Problems:

1) Texture does not load properly.

My Button class-

Spoiler

package com.spacejet.quantivity.gui.buttons;

import com.spacejet.quantivity.util.Reference;

import net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiButtonImage;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;

public class ActiveDeactiveButton extends GuiButtonImage
{
    private static int state;
    private static final ResourceLocation TEXTURE = new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + GetTextureLocationOnState(state));

public ActiveDeactiveButton(int buttonID, int xPos, int yPos, int width, int height, int xTexStart, int yTexStart, int yDiffText, int state) 
    {
        super(buttonID, xPos, yPos, width, height, xTexStart, yTexStart, yDiffText, TEXTURE);
        ActiveDeactiveButton.state = state;
    }

private static String GetTextureLocationOnState(int i) 
    {
        switch(i)
        {
            case 0:
                return ":textures/gui/buttons/active_deactive_redstone_disabled.png";

case 1:
                return ":textures/gui/buttons/active_deactive_redstone_on.png";

case 2:
                return ":textures/gui/buttons/active_deactive_redstone_off.png";

default:
                return ":textures/gui/buttons/active_deactive_button_disabled.png";
        }
    } 
}

My Gui Class-

Spoiler

package com.spacejet.quantivity.gui;

import java.io.IOException;

import com.spacejet.quantivity.container.ContainerEnergyAccumulator;
import com.spacejet.quantivity.gui.buttons.ActiveDeactiveButton;
import com.spacejet.quantivity.tileentity.TileEntityEnergyAccumulator;
import com.spacejet.quantivity.util.Reference;

import net.minecraft.client.gui.GuiButton;
import net.minecraft.client.gui.inventory.GuiContainer;
import net.minecraft.client.renderer.GlStateManager;
import net.minecraft.entity.player.InventoryPlayer;
import net.minecraft.util.ResourceLocation;

public class GuiEnergyAccumulator extends GuiContainer 
{    
    private int state;

private static final ResourceLocation GUI_TEXTURE = new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":textures/gui/energy_accumulator.png");
    private final TileEntityEnergyAccumulator tileEntity;

public GuiEnergyAccumulator(InventoryPlayer player, TileEntityEnergyAccumulator tileEntity) 
    {
        super(new ContainerEnergyAccumulator(player, tileEntity));
        this.tileEntity = tileEntity;
    }

@Override
    public void initGui() 
    {
        super.initGui();
        this.buttonList.add(new ActiveDeactiveButton(0, 200, 200, 16, 16, 200, 200, 0, state));
    }

@Override
    protected void actionPerformed(GuiButton button) throws IOException 
    {
        if(button.id == 0)
         {
            System.out.println("My Button is Clicked!");

if(state < 2)
                state++;
            else if (state == 2)
                state = 0;

System.out.println(state);
         }
    }

@Override
    protected void drawGuiContainerForegroundLayer(int mouseX, int mouseY) 
    {
        String tileName = this.tileEntity.getDisplayName().getUnformattedText();
        this.fontRenderer.drawString(tileName, (this.xSize / 2 - this.fontRenderer.getStringWidth(tileName) / 2), 8, 4210752);
    }

@Override
    protected void drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer(float partialTicks, int mouseX, int mouseY) 
    {
        GlStateManager.color(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
        this.mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(GUI_TEXTURE);
        this.drawTexturedModalRect(this.guiLeft, this.guiTop, 0, 0, this.xSize, this.ySize);
    }

}

The image does not fit in the button - only a part of it or none is visible on the button.

2) I am not changing the texture based on state yet but is there any way to do that without overriding drawButton()??

Also, my background is not getting the dark fog effect even though I have 

in

@Override
protected void drawGuiContainerBackgroundLayer(float partialTicks, int mouseX, int mouseY) 
{
    this.mc.getTextureManager().bindTexture(GUI_TEXTURE);
    this.drawTexturedModalRect(this.guiLeft, this.guiTop, 0, 0, this.xSize, this.ySize);
}

Any ideas why?

Textures: (Button textures are 16 x 16)

active_deactive_redstone_off.png.64d11ddb05ef5d33e502297e9c884e3c.pngactive_deactive_redstone_on.png.0e848a98817285a70fd8bcfe1fbaea26.pngactive_deactive_redstone_disabled.png.95c23debcfcd7707a5e8c0d669b454f6.png

Gui:

Gui.png.d3a3f5b7c3e79290168d63f3c105d6b1.png

The circled thing is the button. It is not positioned, but as you can see, the texture is not fitting the button...

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Spacejet
Marked as Solved

8 hours ago, Spacejet said:

private static final ResourceLocation TEXTURE = new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + GetTextureLocationOnState(state));

As you can see yourself these are static fields, meaning they are the same for all your buttons. Why are you setting a static field to a thing passed in a constructor? And that doesn't even matter because by the time your resourcelocation resolver code gets executed state is guaranteed to be 0. How well do you know java?

The image does not fit in the button - only a part of it or none is visible on the button.

drawTexturedModalRect expects a 256x256 texture, not a 16x16. You can use the overload which takes uv coordinates instead. Of course you would need to override GuiButton#drawButton for that to work.

is there any way to do that without overriding drawButton()??

I don't think so. What's the problem though?

Also, my background is not getting the dark fog effect even though I have 

How are these two things connected?

There is a GuiScreen#drawDefaultBackground method which makes the background darker. You are not calling it.

10 hours ago, Spacejet said:

new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":textures/gui/energy_accumulator.png");

10 hours ago, Spacejet said:

new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + GetTextureLocationOnState(state));

Don’t use (modid+”:”+path)! Use the overload that accepts a resource domain and a path (modid, path)

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

3 hours ago, V0idWa1k3r said:
11 hours ago, Spacejet said:

As you can see yourself these are static fields, meaning they are the same for all your buttons. Why are you setting a static field to a thing passed in a constructor? And that doesn't even matter because by the time your resourcelocation resolver code gets executed state is guaranteed to be 0.

? oops... did not pay attention to that...

is there any way to do that without overriding drawButton()??

I don't think so. What's the problem though?

No problem, just asking

drawTexturedModalRect expects a 256x256 texture, not a 16x16. You can use the overload which takes uv coordinates instead. Of course you would need to override GuiButton#drawButton for that to work.

I did also try using a 256 by 256 image, but that did not work either. But I'll just override drawButton()..

How are these two things connected?

There is a GuiScreen#drawDefaultBackground method which makes the background darker. You are not calling it.

Oh. I thought this was being called in the drawContainerBackhround so it was the thing... nice to know!

1 hour ago, Cadiboo said:
12 hours ago, Spacejet said:

new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + ":textures/gui/energy_accumulator.png");

12 hours ago, Spacejet said:

new ResourceLocation(Reference.MOD_ID + GetTextureLocationOnState(state));

Don’t use (modid+”:”+path)! Use the overload that accepts a resource domain and a path (modid, path)

I considered doing that as it seemed like the better way to get the resource location. Will change that.

Thanks!