nov4e

Great, um where are your resources now?

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

2 minutes ago, nov4e said:

what resources?

Your blockstates, recipes, models etc?

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

That is not how you git.

This is how you git:
https://github.com/Draco18s/ReasonableRealism/tree/master/src/main

Both of those folders (one is code, the other is resources) should be on the same branch.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

If you’re new you can use GitHub desktop (more advanced users use git clients integrated with their IDE or the command line). All you have to do is add repository in the root folder of your project (the one that contains the src folder). Branches are used updates to versions or major changes. Your current work should go on the master branch.

Edited by Cadiboo
Your -> you’re

About Me

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

If you’re new you can use GitHub desktop (more advanced users use git clients integrated with their IDE or the command line). All you have to do is add repository in the root folder of your project (the one that holds the src folder). Branches are used updates to versions or major changes. Your current work should go on the master branch.

yeah i used this but you can see the code?

Your master branch is empty except for a .gitattributes file

About Me

Spoiler

1 hour ago, nov4e said:

try this

Thanks sm, thats almost perfect, but you should move the project up 1 directory

About Me

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Cadiboo said:

Thanks sm, thats almost perfect, but you should move the project up 1 directory

okok but now can we talk about this?

On 11/15/2018 at 6:55 PM, nov4e said:

Potentially Dangerous alternative prefix `minecraft` for name `clock`, expected `nex`. This could be a intended override, but in most cases indicates a broken mod.

public static final Item woodenPin = new BasicItem("wooden_pin", CreativeTabs.MATERIALS);

Don't ever use static initializers for registry entries. Instantinate your stuff in the appropriate registry event.

public class BasicItem extends Item

BasicItem is an antipatteri. There is already a BasicItem, it's called Item.

implements IHasModel

IHasModel is stupid. All items need models, no exceptions, and nothing about model registration requires access to private/protected data. Register your models directly in the ModelRegistryEvent.

serverSide = Info.proxyCommon

This makes no sense for two reasons. Reason number one is that Info.proxyCommon points towards an interface which can't be instantinated in the first place, which will crash the server. Reason number two is that your common proxy can't be your server proxy, since a server proxy either provides noop implementations for client-only methods or references classes/methods/fields that would crash the client.

IProxy.onPreInit(pre);

IProxyC.onPreInit(pre);

Uh, are you really calling static methods in your interfaces here? First of all this loads the IProxyC class, which will crash the server. Second of all why are you even doing this? Are you aware of how static methods work and the fact that they can't really be overridden? Do you know basic java?

Speaking about your proxies, this is me nitpicking but why are they called IProxy[C/S]? the I prefix in java usually indicates that it is an interface which is not the case.

@Mod.EventBusSubscriber(Side.CLIENT)

public class IProxyC extends IProxy

Don't have your proxy be an event bus subscriber. Have a dedicated class for that stuff.

https://github.com/nov4e/NovaMineResources/blob/master/main/java/com/nov4e/novamine/Registry.java#L100

Don't do this. Remove registry entries in the appropriate registry events. In general if you are accessing a registry like that chances are you are doing something wrong.

https://github.com/nov4e/NovaMineResources/blob/master/main/java/com/nov4e/novamine/Registry.java#L107

Don't do this. The recipe output may vary, or even be empty. Remove recipes based on their registry names, those are consistent.

This actually ties in directly into this issue:

18 minutes ago, nov4e said:

Potentially Dangerous alternative prefix `minecraft` for name `clock`, expected `nex`. This could be a intended override, but in most cases indicates a broken mod.

In this case

19 minutes ago, nov4e said:

This could be a intended override

https://github.com/nov4e/NovaMineResources/blob/master/main/java/com/nov4e/novamine/features/tooltips/VanillaTooltips.java#L14

Don't do this. You might be only playing in english but there are plenty of people who might want to play with your mod but don't know english or simply want to read the text in their native language. Don't ever add straight-up english text if you can avoid it, use the localization feature of the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

public class IProxyC extends IProxy

The I means Interface. Do not name your class implementations starting with an I.

public class ClientProxy implements IProxy

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.