[1.12.2] Multiple Structure Generation

Merthew

ArrayList<Class<?>> classesList = new ArrayList<Class<?>>(Arrays.asList(classes));

Any reason you are doing this? Biomes are singletons, you can compare them by instances, there is no need to compare the classes.

int x = (chunkX * 16) + random.nextInt(15);
int z = (chunkZ * 16) + random.nextInt(15);

This may cause runaway chunk generation, read and understand.

As for your actual issue:

public static String structureName;

The name for the template you are loading is static, thus is the same for all instances of WorldGenStructure - so as a result all your structures generate with the same template.

The problem is that i don't know how to not use static i may just be missing some logic or knowledge of java.

*Never mind, i fixed it. sorry for my incompetence 

Edited by Merthew
Fixed it

The seven became one and the one became two.

• 11 months later...

Hi Merthew and VoidWa1k3r,

I'm having the same issue where I want multiple structures to be generated, but only the last one is.  I'm trying to learn Java but there are very few resources on Eclipse / Forge, especially for specific issues.  My WorldGenCustomStructures class looks nearly identical to the one you shared above on Github.  How did you fix your problem???  

I removed 'static' from my 'public static final WorldGenStructure MYSTRUCTURE = new WorldGenStructure("mystructure")' with another entry for the second one and both generateStructure statements in the overworld (case 0), but it still didn't work properly.  What am I not getting?

Thanks so much if you get this and can help,

Darkgreenminer

Edited by darkgreenminer
Didn't finish thought.

• 1 month later...
On 11/6/2018 at 6:13 PM, Merthew said:

The problem is that i don't know how to not use static i may just be missing some logic or knowledge of java.

*Never mind, i fixed it. sorry for my incompetence 

How did you fix it?

edit: nvm I believed I fixed it too, just had to tweak a few things to use "name" instead of "structureName"...

Edited by GttiqwT

Great. It's so frustrating when it's not working and I'm trying different things.  Let me know if yours is still buggy and I'll send a copy of my WorldGenCustomStructures class.  Have you seen Harry Talks' tutorial?  It's here at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq1wNwuGxu4&t=860s and one early error I had was importing Scala arrays instead of java.util (described in a couple of the comments).  If you want to try out my mod (still in beta), it's here https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/skulls-and-monkeys.  It's the result of me following a few tutorials to put some fun things into the game for 1.12, recreating some of my favourite old 1.7.10 mods partially and playing around with monkeys.  I've striven for game-balance, as that's how I like to play on modded survival worlds.  What sort of mod are you developing, if I may ask?

7 hours ago, darkgreenminer said:

Great. It's so frustrating when it's not working and I'm trying different things.  Let me know if yours is still buggy and I'll send a copy of my WorldGenCustomStructures class.  Have you seen Harry Talks' tutorial?  It's here at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cq1wNwuGxu4&t=860s and one early error I had was importing Scala arrays instead of java.util (described in a couple of the comments).  If you want to try out my mod (still in beta), it's here https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods/skulls-and-monkeys.  It's the result of me following a few tutorials to put some fun things into the game for 1.12, recreating some of my favourite old 1.7.10 mods partially and playing around with monkeys.  I've striven for game-balance, as that's how I like to play on modded survival worlds.  What sort of mod are you developing, if I may ask?

Yeah I get where you're coming from. I also watched harry talk's tutorial and at first it worked but then I got the problem that it wont spawn more than one structure otherwise it'll overlap and only spawn the latest one added. I tried to follow this tutorial again and it just didnt seem to work at all now. When I get more time ill have to do it again and then afterwards try and fix the issues with spawning more than one structure. I'm currently trying to fix the issue where it causes cascading gen lag but I dont know how to fix that quite yet either.

Someone else had that same problem of their mod only spawning the last structure added to WorldGenCustomStructures, and I remembered that the solution I found was what a commentor named Redstone Tim mentioned, that in WorldGenStructure you have to remove 'static'.  I'm happy to email my version of these two classes to you if you want to have a look.  It took me hours and hours to get them working.  I have no idea what might cause the cascading gen lag, but fixing the multiple structure problem might help.  

• 8 months later...
On 12/15/2019 at 11:15 AM, darkgreenminer said:

Someone else had that same problem of their mod only spawning the last structure added to WorldGenCustomStructures, and I remembered that the solution I found was what a commentor named Redstone Tim mentioned, that in WorldGenStructure you have to remove 'static'.  I'm happy to email my version of these two classes to you if you want to have a look.  It took me hours and hours to get them working.  I have no idea what might cause the cascading gen lag, but fixing the multiple structure problem might help.  

How did you fix it? Thanks

• 9 months later...
  • Guest locked this topic