Use List<T> with annotation config?

Insane96MCP

I'm rewriting configs with the new annotation system. The problem is that I can't use Lists since I get a net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Can't handle field 'restrictedDrops' of class 'net.insane96mcp.iguanatweaks.lib.Properties.ConfigOptions.Drops': Unknown type. I'm forced to use Arrays or there's anyway to use lists?

Can you post some code for it?

If not, what is the data type for restrictedDrops?  Is it a list, an array?

(Also if no code posting) If restrictedDrops is any type of data structure (I'm assuming it's a list based on what you said), what type is each element in theory, and in actuality (eg. in many cases you'll have data structures filled with "Object"s which are actually all the same Object subtype)?

Edit 1 =============================================

I've just started delving into forge's config annotations myself (I started forge modding a few days ago, so sorry about my ignorance).  I doubt they have any built-in support for lists, but if you're already getting an array to pass from your config text file to your config java file, you may find this conversion example helpful:

Integer[] ints = new Integer[] {1, 2, 3};
List<Integer> list = Arrays.asList(ints);

Just keep in mind that this is a non-expandable list.  Also note I had to use "Integer" (the class type) instead of "int" (the primitive type) to get this to work.  Not sure if this will help you at all or not.

Edited by Laike_Endaril

This is the properties file: https://github.com/Insane-96/IguanaTweaksReborn/blob/master/common/net/insane96mcp/iguanatweaks/lib/Properties.java
This is where I use the property: https://github.com/Insane-96/IguanaTweaksReborn/blob/master/common/net/insane96mcp/iguanatweaks/modules/ModuleDrops.java#L32
I've now changed it to Arrays.asList(Properties.config.drops.restrictedDrops).contains(itemName) 

The point was to prevent casting and things, since I needed lists and not arrays (I didn't need index), but since seems not possible (unless I "cast" the array to list) I'll change the loops to work for arrays and use the asList().contains (even if I'm not sure that's a good practice).

Edit: Seems like I can use foreach for arrays in Java, then it's not a big deal

Edited by Insane96MCP