Eclipse Java Compatiblity error

TheDrunkMafia

Hey,

So I've just started to learn java and i've just got to the point were I am ready to put my knowledge to the test and start developing basic mods in minecraft so as to improve my skills.

Today I got all the files needed, MCP, Minecraft Sever.Jar, Etc, etc and everything seemed to be working, so when I went to load eclipse using the work space provided, three errors occurred. The main one being

Error:

Build path specifies execution environment JavaSE-1.6. There are no JREs installed in the work space that are strictly compatible with this environment.

So far i've tried everything I can think of, uninstalled all java (including the JDK) and re installed, nothing has prevailed.

So any help would be most appreciated.

Fixed the problem, it would seem that the current version of Eclipse is only compatible with jdk 6. So I've download-graded for the time being. Just letting people know, so if there is anyone else who has ran into the same problem as the one I have had, all you have to do is downgrade to the last version of JDK.

Its not incompatible with 6, its just that the minecraft projects are defined as being compiled ofrr 1.6.

Unless you explicitly have a 1.6 JRE installed it'd say you have a warning.

However it works just fine as JDK7 is backwards compatible with 1.6.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon