[Solved] cannot find system java compiler

Can you post your build.properties file (it might be called build.gradle, I forget)

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

7 hours ago, diesieben07 said:

Note that after you changed the environment variables you must close all windows explorer and command line windows for the change to take effect in any newly opened command line windows. Moreover any other programs that might use the variables must be restarted as well.

What is your JAVA_HOME set to?

apparently my JAVA_HOME was missing, i just recreated it and the compiling worked. Thanks you for your time 

• 4 months later...

add this to your build.gradle  BUT change the path to your jdk.

compileJava.options.fork = true
compileJava.options.forkOptions.executable = "C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_201\\bin\\javac.exe"

just after this line 

sourceCompatibility = targetCompatibility = compileJava.sourceCompatibility = compileJava.targetCompatibility = '1.8' 

18 minutes ago, JavaMan7 said:

add this to your build.gradle  BUT change the path to your jdk.

compileJava.options.fork = true
compileJava.options.forkOptions.executable = "C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.8.0_201\\bin\\javac.exe"

just after this line 

sourceCompatibility = targetCompatibility = compileJava.sourceCompatibility = compileJava.targetCompatibility = '1.8' 

This solution won't work for anything except windows, and doesn't fix the underlying problem. Setting your JAVA_HOME variable is the right way to go

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

6 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

This solution won't work for anything except windows, and doesn't fix the underlying problem. Setting your JAVA_HOME variable is the right way to go

I had a problem like this and could not set  the system variable but this works well. most people are on Windows  and I think this would work on other operating systems if you change it to the right path for that system.

8 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

It doesn't fix the underlying problem

It also breaks the gradle script for almost any other computer because it points to a specific file on your computer that pretty much no-one else will have. Being unable to set your JAVA_HOME variable indicates to me that you have a bigger problem. I'm not saying that this solution doesn't work, I'm saying its not optimal and that it should be avoided because it has longer term problems.

About Me

Spoiler