[1.11.2] Server won't let me update my teleport position

Triphion

So to get rid of a misunderstanding here, i can use the item, and it does teleport me if i click on the ground or something like 5 blocks away. However if i click beyond that then i will teleport to the position im looking at but right after the server will teleport me straight back to my beginning-position. It works on singleplayer, and the raytrace is further away than 5 blocks, it's actually a raytrace distance of 22 blocks. Any help would be much appreciated. 

@Override
	public ActionResult onItemRightClick(World worldIn, EntityPlayer playerIn, EnumHand handIn) 
	{
		if(!playerIn.world.isRemote)
		{
			RayTraceResult pos = playerIn.rayTrace(22.0D, 0.0F);
			double x = pos.getBlockPos().getX();
			double y = pos.getBlockPos().getY() + 1.0D;
			double z = pos.getBlockPos().getZ();
			playerIn.setPositionAndUpdate(x, y, z);
			worldIn.updateEntities();
			playerIn.getHeldItem(handIn).damageItem(1, playerIn);

return new ActionResult(EnumActionResult.SUCCESS, playerIn.getHeldItem(handIn));
		}

else if(playerIn.world.isRemote)
		{

return new ActionResult(EnumActionResult.SUCCESS, playerIn.getHeldItem(handIn));
		}

return new ActionResult(EnumActionResult.FAIL, playerIn.getHeldItem(handIn));
	}

Edited by Triphion

Because you never told the server what you were doing.

Remember:

The client is always a lying, cheating bastard.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Because the onItemRightClick method is only called when the player has their mouse over a block and that only happens when the block is within their reach.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Just now, Draco18s said:

Because the onItemRightClick method is only called when the player has their mouse over a block and that only happens when the block is within their reach.

I believe you are thinking of onItemUse instead here Draco.

58 minutes ago, Triphion said:

You shouldn't be calling this.

59 minutes ago, Triphion said:

Try only having this section.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

@Override
	public ActionResult onItemRightClick(World worldIn, EntityPlayer playerIn, EnumHand handIn) 
	{
		{

}

}

I tried this, but now it doesn't work at all in server. Also tried with only checking if(!worldIn.isremote) but doesn't work in servers either. 

Edited by Triphion

4 minutes ago, Triphion said:

I tried this, but now it doesn't work at all in server. 

Change the method Entity#setPositionAndUpdate to setPosition and use World#updateEntityWithOptionalForce wth the boolean parameter being true.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

5 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Change the method Entity#setPositionAndUpdate to setPosition and use World#updateEntityWithOptionalForce wth the boolean parameter being true.

Tried it, but server won't activate my item. And if i add the "else if(worldIn.isRemote)" i'm back where i started.

This is a gyazo gif of what happens: 

https://gyazo.com/789d6fcf8c9f3c05c3fcdfc191aa96a7

Look at the vanilla Chorus Fruit code

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

So i tried with console-printing and when im on the server it doesn't get called after the if(!worldIn.isRemote) check for some reason. 

@Override
	public ActionResult<ItemStack> onItemRightClick(World worldIn, EntityPlayer playerIn, EnumHand handIn) 
	{
		scala.Console.print("Gets called. ");
		if (!worldIn.isRemote)
		{
			scala.Console.print("worki. ");

if (playerIn.attemptTeleport(x, y, z)) 
			{
				scala.Console.print("Teleported. ");
			}
		}
		else{
		}

}

Anything that seems to doesn't work on server here? 

EDIT: I got a message from the server window that there's a problem with my raytracing apparently? Doesn't that get called correctly on server side, am i missing some important raytracing check for serverside? 

Edited by Triphion

...scala.Console????

Please set up and use a logger for your mod (An example of this is included in the example code that ships with every forge install). Try stepping through your code with the debugger

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

Yes, that is the one. But now i realize the if(!worldIn.isRemote) but the raytracing isn't working serverside. Anything i'm missing? 

@Override
    public ActionResult<ItemStack> onItemRightClick(World worldIn, EntityPlayer playerIn, EnumHand handIn) 
    {
        if (!worldIn.isRemote)
        {
            scala.Console.print("worki. ");

EntityLivingBase player = ((EntityLivingBase)playerIn);

RayTraceResult pos = player.rayTrace(22.0D, 20.0F);

if (player.attemptTeleport(x, y, z)) 
                {
                    scala.Console.print("Teleported. ");
                    player.getHeldItem(handIn).damageItem(1, playerIn);
                }
            }
        else{
            return new ActionResult(EnumActionResult.PASS, playerIn.getHeldItem(handIn));
        }

}

Also, i added added a cast to the player saying it's an entitylivingbase, although the player class does extend entitylivingbase but i thought it could help just being even more specific. 

Edited by Triphion

8 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

Please set up and use a logger for your mod (An example of this is included in the example code that ships with every forge install). Try stepping through your code with the debugger

Find out why (you think that) it’s not working

About Me

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, Cadiboo said:

Find out why (you think that) it’s not working

Found it. 

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.rayTrace(DF)Lnet/minecraft/util/math/RayTraceResult;
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122) ~[?:1.8.0_151]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192) ~[?:1.8.0_151]
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:30) [Util.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(MinecraftServer.java:754) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.updateTimeLightAndEntities(DedicatedServer.java:402) [DedicatedServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.tick(MinecraftServer.java:699) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:548) [MinecraftServer.class:?]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_151]
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.entity.EntityLivingBase.rayTrace(DF)Lnet/minecraft/util/math/RayTraceResult;
	at com.triphion.ancient.items.ItemTheCosmician.onItemRightClick(ItemTheCosmician.java:45) ~[ItemTheCosmician.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.useItemRightClick(ItemStack.java:213) ~[ItemStack.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerInteractionManager.processRightClick(PlayerInteractionManager.java:387) ~[PlayerInteractionManager.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.NetHandlerPlayServer.processTryUseItem(NetHandlerPlayServer.java:739) ~[NetHandlerPlayServer.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.processPacket(CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.java:43) ~[CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.play.client.CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.processPacket(CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.java:9) ~[CPacketPlayerTryUseItem.class:?]
	at net.minecraft.network.PacketThreadUtil$1.run(PacketThreadUtil.java:21) ~[PacketThreadUtil$1.class:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511) ~[?:1.8.0_151]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:1.8.0_151]
	at net.minecraft.util.Util.runTask(Util.java:29) ~[Util.class:?]
	... 5 more
[14:11:24] [Server thread/FATAL]: Error executing task

This is the error and i have no idea how to fix it. The line that is the problem is the raytracing line that i talked about but i don't know more than this. 

This is line 45:

Any ideas? 

I do have a logger function, but only one that gets called preinit. If i want the logger function to get called, this way of doing it does work when im on singleplayer, however in server window, the log function never gets mentioned? 

@Override
	{
		if (!worldIn.isRemote)
		{
			EntityLivingBase player = ((EntityLivingBase)playerIn);

Utils.getLogger().info("Raytrace: " + pos.toString().substring(5));

if (player.attemptTeleport(x, y, z)) 
				{
					player.getHeldItem(handIn).damageItem(1, playerIn);
				}
			}
		else{
		    return new ActionResult(EnumActionResult.PASS, playerIn.getHeldItem(handIn));
		}

}

Edited by Triphion

You're trying to call a client only function on the server.

@Nullable
@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public RayTraceResult rayTrace(double blockReachDistance, float partialTicks)
{
    Vec3d vec3d = this.getPositionEyes(partialTicks);
    Vec3d vec3d1 = this.getLook(partialTicks);
    Vec3d vec3d2 = vec3d.addVector(vec3d1.xCoord * blockReachDistance, vec3d1.yCoord * blockReachDistance, vec3d1.zCoord * blockReachDistance);
    return this.world.rayTraceBlocks(vec3d, vec3d2, false, false, true);
}

As mentioned you are trying to call a client method. Just copy the code (and any further client-only code involved) into your own method. You'll also need to modify the part regarding the reach distance. Overall ray-tracing is pretty simple concept so you should be able to implement your own version.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

21 hours ago, DefectiveProgram said:

You're trying to call a client only function on the server.

@Nullable
@SideOnly(Side.CLIENT)
public RayTraceResult rayTrace(double blockReachDistance, float partialTicks)
{
    Vec3d vec3d = this.getPositionEyes(partialTicks);
    Vec3d vec3d1 = this.getLook(partialTicks);
    Vec3d vec3d2 = vec3d.addVector(vec3d1.xCoord * blockReachDistance, vec3d1.yCoord * blockReachDistance, vec3d1.zCoord * blockReachDistance);
    return this.world.rayTraceBlocks(vec3d, vec3d2, false, false, true);
}

14 hours ago, jabelar said:

As mentioned you are trying to call a client method. Just copy the code (and any further client-only code involved) into your own method. You'll also need to modify the part regarding the reach distance. Overall ray-tracing is pretty simple concept so you should be able to implement your own version.

Worked for me. A massive thanks to everyone who helped me! :D