[1.12] Gradle and Eclipse can't descide on a name for a file

Spaceboy Ross

Gradle:

Spoiler

To honour the JVM settings for this build a new JVM will be forked. Please consider using the daemon: https://docs.gradle.org/2.14/userguide/gradle_daemon.html.
#################################################
         ForgeGradle 2.3-SNAPSHOT-ee3e3df        
  https://github.com/MinecraftForge/ForgeGradle  
                 Powered by MCP                  
             http://modcoderpack.com  
     by: Searge, ProfMobius, R4wk, ZeuX          
     Fesh0r, IngisKahn, bspkrs, LexManos         
:deobfCompileDummyTask
:deobfProvidedDummyTask
:sourceApiJava UP-TO-DATE
:compileApiJava UP-TO-DATE
:processApiResources UP-TO-DATE
:apiClasses UP-TO-DATE
:sourceMainJava
:compileJava
/home/spaceboyross/MC Mods/MS Gundam/build/sources/main/java/com/spaceboyross/gundam/world/gen/ColonyMaintenance TunnelWorldGenerator.java:23: error: class ColonyMaintenanceTunnelWorldGenerator is public, should be declared in a file named ColonyMaintenanceTunnelWorldGenerator.java
public class ColonyMaintenance TunnelWorldGenerator extends WorldGenerator {
       ^
Note: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error
:compileJava FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':compileJava'.
> Compilation failed; see the compiler error output for details.

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 7.807 secs

Eclipse:

377580108_Screenshotfrom2018-09-2611-41-52.thumb.png.c549f7a57753c04cfb2572387b89969d.png

The official YouTuber Spaceboy Ross

Sorry if I'm stating the dead out obvious, but it looks like there is already a file named ColonyMaintenanceTunnelWorldGenerator.java loaded into the workspace.

Forge 1.8.9 and below are not supported in the forums anymore. Please upgrade to a later version.

My experimental mod: new GitHub page to be created... (Add your favorite TCGs in MC! [WIP])

When asking for assistance with modding or making mods, paste the log (located in .minecraft/logs folder for mod users or in the console for mod makers).

I see.

Forge 1.8.9 and below are not supported in the forums anymore. Please upgrade to a later version.

My experimental mod: new GitHub page to be created... (Add your favorite TCGs in MC! [WIP])

When asking for assistance with modding or making mods, paste the log (located in .minecraft/logs folder for mod users or in the console for mod makers).

1 hour ago, Spaceboy Ross said:

Its the same file. Eclipse wants me to rename the file when I rename it to get gradle to work and gradle wants me to rename the file when I rename it to get eclipse to work.

The name of the class needs to match the name of the file.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Do you have a hidden character somewhere in either of those names? They appear to be identical but as both gradle & eclipse are complaining I suggest you look into it.

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

You sure? your gradle output has a space here

\/

ColonyMaintenance TunnelWorldGenerator.java:23: error: class

& no space here         \/

ColonyMaintenanceTunnelWorldGenerator

If thats just a logging error try making a new file with a different name, see if that fixes it (WorldGeneratorColonyMaintenanceTunnel? ColonyUtilityTunnelWorldGenerator? ColonyMaintenanceTunnelWorldGen?)

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)