Setting up forge workspace bug? 1.12.x

ZDoctor

I don't know if it is just me, but I was having some problems setting up the forge environment following the forgedev setting up the environment tutorial. I kept getting an error that the file was not found. Which file? I do not know, it did not say even with stacktrace, debug or info. It did say the problem was in the build.gradle file at line 365. That line read "branch = "git rev-parse --abbrev-ref HEAD".execute().text.trim()". Well, I noticed that the build.gradle before that line did a check for a system environment variable "GIT_BRANCH". So I went to my environment variables and added "GIT_BRANCH" and pointed it to the main folder of the Forge clone, then I was able to setupForge with no problems. I forked then downloaded the zip of the source and unpacked it in case that matters (I didn't have a GitClient that took commands). The version was 1.12.x

Edited by ZDoctor
Told which version