• Recently Browsing

No registered users viewing this page.

• I'm trying to add some recipes using a basic item I made, but I keep getting the same error for every recipe. All my items show up fine in-game, but the recipes just don't work. I have my recipes saved in Tutorialmod/src/main/resources/data/tutorialmod/recipes/tutorial_block.json. Please help, I can't find any solutions for this that work. Here's how I made my recipe: {     "type": "minecraft:crafting_shaped",     "pattern": [         "III",         "III",         "III"     ],     "key": {         "I": {"item": "tutorialmod:tutorial_item"},     },     "result": {"item": "tutorialmod: tutorial_block"}  }   Here's the error I kept getting: [24Jan2020 20:54:55.938] [Server-Worker-7/ERROR] [net.minecraft.client.resources.JsonReloadListener/]: Couldn't parse data file tutorialmod:tutorial_block from tutorialmod:recipes/tutorial_block.json com.google.gson.JsonParseException: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Expected name at line 10 column 3 path $.key.I     at net.minecraft.util.JSONUtils.fromJson(JSONUtils.java:359) ~[?:?]     at net.minecraft.util.JSONUtils.fromJson(JSONUtils.java:398) ~[?:?]     at net.minecraft.client.resources.JsonReloadListener.prepare(JsonReloadListener.java:51) ~[?:?]     at net.minecraft.client.resources.JsonReloadListener.prepare(JsonReloadListener.java:22) ~[?:?]     at net.minecraft.client.resources.ReloadListener.lambda$reload$0(ReloadListener.java:12) ~[?:?]     at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.run(CompletableFuture.java:1604) [?:1.8.0_241]     at java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$AsyncSupply.exec(CompletableFuture.java:1596) [?:1.8.0_241]     at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask.doExec(ForkJoinTask.java:289) [?:1.8.0_241]     at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool$WorkQueue.runTask(ForkJoinPool.java:1056) [?:1.8.0_241]     at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinPool.runWorker(ForkJoinPool.java:1692) [?:1.8.0_241]     at java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinWorkerThread.run(ForkJoinWorkerThread.java:157) [?:1.8.0_241] Caused by: com.google.gson.stream.MalformedJsonException: Expected name at line 10 column 3 path $.key.I     at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.syntaxError(JsonReader.java:1559) ~[gson-2.8.0.jar:?]     at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.doPeek(JsonReader.java:505) ~[gson-2.8.0.jar:?]     at com.google.gson.stream.JsonReader.hasNext(JsonReader.java:414) ~[gson-2.8.0.jar:?]     at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$29.read(TypeAdapters.java:738) ~[gson-2.8.0.jar:?]     at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$29.read(TypeAdapters.java:739) ~[gson-2.8.0.jar:?]     at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$29.read(TypeAdapters.java:714) ~[gson-2.8.0.jar:?]     at com.google.gson.internal.bind.TypeAdapters$35$1.read(TypeAdapters.java:910) ~[gson-2.8.0.jar:?]     at net.minecraft.util.JSONUtils.fromJson(JSONUtils.java:357) ~[?:?]     ... 10 more
    • As stated it's fetching the position of the block that the player is standing on. If it's null the game crashes. 
    • Yea so what I think you can do is create an item, like "MyModdedFlintAndSteel" in your mod, then basically verbatim copy the flint and steel class from Minecraft, adjust i as you wish.   Then create a public static boolean method called "isNetherPortalBlock" with a Block or BlockState as a parameter. then just create like an array/list/arraylist with all of your blocks, Just iterate though the array/list and return true if the block matches.   Finally just replace the crafting recipe of flint and steel to return your modded flint and steel.   Is that kind of what you are looking for? Sorry if it isn't, I might have a disconnect on something.
    • ive been doing research for about 2 hours now and im starting to give up i just installed a few mods so me and some friends could play together and it was working fine till i added some new ones i did research on the mods i downloaded and they seem to have no issues with any of my other ones the issue only happens when i right click and drag ive got 0 clue and im hoping someone here can help despite me being on 1.12.2 
    • I should have been more clear basically what I want to do is if you look inside the flint and steel class where it says "== Blocks.OBSIDIAN" I want to change that to if it is in a tag called nether_portal_blocks that I will create I want to add a bunch of blocks that can also be used to create a nether portal
  • Topics

• Who's Online (See full list)