While we wait for Forge for Minecraft 1.13, let's talk favorite mods

Thunderstudent

Its kinda hard when there's a lot of good mods that add a Much Needed better storage system (AE2/RS)

But, Barring those because they're kinda universally just great...

Immersive Engineering and its Addons are really great.
Galacticraft is neat
And Thaumcraft is a Really well done magic mod
But boi...

Ars Magica 2 brings me back to the good days.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I always love to play with these- especially with the Dokucraft and Quandary Reborn Texture packs. I play with these mods mostly because all of the content fits very well into the vanilla game.

Note: some are for earlier versions

-Aether

-Diversity (more villages)

-Fossils and Archaeology Revival

-Shaders / Optifine (w/ Johan Fossum's Arcane Shaderpack)

-Tale of Kingdoms

-NetherEX

-Antique Atlas

-Just Enough Items

-Straw Golem

-Animania

-BiomesOPlenty

-Better Foliage

-Tree Chopper

-Twilight Forest

-Quark

-Ambient Sounds

-Exotic Birds

-Bear With Me

-Vanilla-Inspired Teleporters

-Ender Crops

-SimpleOres

-Backpacks

-Ironchest

Edited by Akhnaten

Is anyone else playing minecraft a lot less since they dont have Forge?  My fav servers have all updated to 1.13, so I have been playing a fraction of the what I normally play, because I hate not having my core mods....man I wish forge would hurry up.  Maybe they need a patreon to help fund faster coding?

48 minutes ago, RustyNutz said:

Maybe they need a patreon to help fund faster coding?

Lex has a patreon, I dont know if anyone else does. But the reason 1.13 is taking so long is a combination of having other responsibilities and one of the devs became unresponsive and I think Lex just picked up the work did it and now its moving along steadily again. I would say if things keep going as they are it should be mostly done if not done before the end of December. But that is just speculation anything is subject to change.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

On 11/20/2018 at 3:07 AM, Animefan8888 said:

Lex has a patreon, I dont know if anyone else does. But the reason 1.13 is taking so long is a combination of having other responsibilities and one of the devs became unresponsive and I think Lex just picked up the work did it and now its moving along steadily again. I would say if things keep going as they are it should be mostly done if not done before the end of December. But that is just speculation anything is subject to change.

I mean, at risk of this becoming a containment thread or locked. I agree, but this also kinda shows how reliant and vulnerable Minecraft Modding can be. Who knows, maybe we'll be left modding 1.12.2 or 1.13 'till the end of days because Microsoft really wants UWP to be a thing.

3 hours ago, KatherineFtw said:

I mean, at risk of this becoming a containment thread or locked. I agree, but this also kinda shows how reliant and vulnerable Minecraft Modding can be. Who knows, maybe we'll be left modding 1.12.2 or 1.13 'till the end of days because Microsoft really wants UWP to be a thing.

What is UWP? Also, Rift & LiteLoader exist. They don’t provide nearly the same amount of functionality or APIness that Forge does though

About Me

Spoiler

My Discord - Cadiboo#8887

My WebsiteCadiboo.github.io

My ModsCadiboo.github.io/projects

My TutorialsCadiboo.github.io/tutorials

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

3 hours ago, KatherineFtw said:

because Microsoft really wants UWP to be a thing.

The Java edition of Minecraft is showing no signs of going away any time soon. 1.14 is being worked on as we speak. And they already have UWP and the Bedrock edition of Minecraft.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

This is my personalized modpack for 1.8.9. I find it very useful for pvp with friends.

You got better pvp, Neat, Optifine (for zoom) and XRay. I apologize but optifine is to large to post, but im sure you can find it

Edited by diesieben07
removed mod downloads

On 11/21/2018 at 1:40 PM, Cadiboo said:

What is UWP? Also, Rift & LiteLoader exist. They don’t provide nearly the same amount of functionality or APIness that Forge does though

TL;DLU

Remember GFWL? It's back and worse.

https://www.howtogeek.com/244902/why-pc-gamers-hated-microsofts-games-for-windows-live/

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/03/tim-sweeney-to-microsoft-universal-windows-platform-can-should-must-and-will-die/

can anyone please tell me how do you download ice and fire dragon, or How to train a dragon mods??

I am asking for my grandsom who has been playing Minecraft on his tablet and is now moving to

the computer to do more things. He is obessed with dragons, so if anyone could help I would 

greatly appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, beabedin66 said:

can anyone please tell me how do you download ice and fire dragon, or How to train a dragon mods??

I am asking for my grandsom who has been playing Minecraft on his tablet and is now moving to

the computer to do more things. He is obessed with dragons, so if anyone could help I would 

greatly appreciate it. 

If future please make a new issue rather than commenting on someone else’s thread.

1) Download Forge for the version of minecraft you are playing on (only download Forge from the offical website http://files.minecraftforge.net)

2) Search through CurseForge to find the mods you want to play (they need to be for the same version of minecraft)

Only download mods from CurseForge (https://minecraft.curseforge.com/mc-mods) as other sites reupload mods without credit to the authors, and usually add malware and viruses to the mods (check out http://stopmodreposts.org for more info).

3) Put the mods you downloaded in your .minecraft/mods folder (you can read how to find your .minecraft folder at https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/.minecraft)

Edited by Cadiboo

About Me

Spoiler

Versions below 1.14.4 are no longer supported on this forum. Use the latest version to receive support.

When asking support remember to include all relevant log files (logs are found in .minecraft/logs/), code if applicable and screenshots if possible.

Only download mods from trusted sites like CurseForge (minecraft.curseforge.com). A list of bad sites can be found here, with more information available at stopmodreposts.org

Edit your own signature at www.minecraftforge.net/forum/settings/signature/ (Make sure to check its compatibility with the Dark Theme)

7 hours ago, Willard21 said:

My favorite by and far is the Macro/Keybind Mod for Liteloader. I automated everything with that. I used a few other mods as well (back when mods existed; I updated to 1.13 about 4 months ago), but that's the one I miss the most.

Rift and Liteloader exist, mods for 1.13.2 do exist

About Me

Spoiler

Mekanism is by far my favorite mod that's still being updated, though I also love Thaumcraft (Though personally I don't like how they keep remaking how you start it.), EnderIO, I used to like Buildcraft until the creator decided it's not gonna be compatible with other mods anymore to power the machines. Though there's other mods I still love as well that some didn't even make it past 1.5 such as Elemental Creepers and TMI.

For our server, we are really looking forward to finally Forge 1.13, * come out, since mods are very necessary for the client)
Inventory tweaks
Journey map mod
d) MapWriter (version for Forge)
d) Mods changing the font in the game
e) OptiFine
g) Shaders
h) WorldEditCUI (shows the grid when privat territory)
i) Chat Tweaks (smiles of the match in the lane)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...