[ 1.7.10 ] Where is the null point exception?

Guebeul

Hi, I'm going to ask a question.
I'm implementing the player's movements through the Obsidian API. But there was a problem..

1. first person
2018-08-18_13_36_14.png.52e82cd5ec4a691e27aafd160e7df098.png

2. Third person
2018-08-18_13_36_19.png.5af6f4d8c48c6d2417bb7c90fb802f34.png

In this way, the player is invisible when you are in third person, and it emits the following error. (Repeat continuously)

[13:36:21] [Client thread/ERROR]: Couldn't render entity
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at obsidianAPI.render.player.ModelAnimatedPlayer.setRotationAngles(ModelAnimatedPlayer.java:62) ~[ModelAnimatedPlayer.class:?]
    at obsidianAPI.render.ModelObj.render(ModelObj.java:355) ~[ModelObj.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RendererLivingEntity.renderModel(RendererLivingEntity.java:309) ~[RendererLivingEntity.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RendererLivingEntity.doRender(RendererLivingEntity.java:165) [RendererLivingEntity.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderPlayer.doRender(RenderPlayer.java:167) [RenderPlayer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderPlayer.doRender(RenderPlayer.java:565) [RenderPlayer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.func_147939_a(RenderManager.java:300) [RenderManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.renderEntityStatic(RenderManager.java:278) [RenderManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.entity.RenderManager.renderEntitySimple(RenderManager.java:251) [RenderManager.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.renderEntities(RenderGlobal.java:527) [RenderGlobal.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.renderWorld(EntityRenderer.java:1300) [EntityRenderer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.updateCameraAndRender(EntityRenderer.java:1087) [EntityRenderer.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.runGameLoop(Minecraft.java:1067) [Minecraft.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:962) [Minecraft.class:?]
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(Main.java:164) [Main.class:?]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_172]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_172]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) ~[?:1.8.0_172]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) ~[?:1.8.0_172]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28) [launchwrapper-1.12.jar:?]
    at net.minecraftforge.gradle.GradleStartCommon.launch(Unknown Source) [start/:?]
    at GradleStart.main(Unknown Source) [start/:?]

These two pictures are CommonProxy and ClientProxy I touched.
1. CommonProxy
2.PNG.d768b6bffe728794537fee480288fb31.PNG

2. ClientProxy
1094895406_.thumb.PNG.8df3d33c6dbd220ea2c8fcbc00881c7d.PNG

As noted in the log, NullPointerException is a problem. I really wonder where this NullPointerException happens.

RenderPlayerAnimated: https://github.com/ObsidianSuite/ObsidianSuite/blob/master/API/src/main/java/com/dabigjoe/obsidianAPI/render/player/RenderPlayerAnimated.java
ModelAnimatedPlayer: https://github.com/ObsidianSuite/ObsidianSuite/blob/master/API/src/main/java/com/dabigjoe/obsidianAPI/render/player/ModelAnimatedPlayer.java

If you know where NullPointerException is happening, the developer can help.
Please help me...!

1 minute ago, Guebeul said:

Please help me...!

Anything below 1.8 is unsupported on this forum update if you want help. Soon 1.8.9 support will also be dropped if it isn't already. A Moderator will lock this thread later.

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

5 minutes ago, Animefan8888 said:

Anything below 1.8 is unsupported on this forum update if you want help. Soon 1.8.9 support will also be dropped if it isn't already. A Moderator will lock this thread later.

You can not ask questions below version 1.8? It's really important that it is ...

1 minute ago, Guebeul said:

You can not ask questions below version 1.8? It's really important that it is ...

Other forums will answer this question, it just makes it difficult to answer questions on older versions because supporting the massive changes between 1.7 and 1.8 and the changes between every other version that changed some core system. Would you expect Mojang to go back and update 1.7 versions to fix a bug or Oracle to go back to Java 6 to add new features? Or supply support? No. That is why other places exist. What makes your reason so important?

VANILLA MINECRAFT CLASSES ARE THE BEST RESOURCES WHEN MODDING

I will be posting 1.15.2 modding tutorials on this channel. If you want to be notified of it do the normal YouTube stuff like subscribing, ect.

Forge and vanilla BlockState generator.

Anyway, a null pointer is a Java problem, not really a modding problem. It means that at that point in the code, something is null when it is not expected to be. Just use your debugger or console statements to trace through the execution leading up to that point in the code. Basically the error message tells you what is wrong so now up to you to fix it.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/

• Guest locked this topic