Custom Chest

Ronaldi2001

I created my custom chest but I want it to hold more than 64 items in one slot, is there a way to do that? Changing the getInventoryStackLimit() to a higher number doesn't change anything and keeps it at 64. Also I would like to remove the number that is over the item and just have the number of items in a slot be in a tooltip, is this possible?

Thank you in advanced!

Edited by Ronaldi2001

~ Ronaldi2001

You can't do this easily, if at all.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

24 minutes ago, Ronaldi2001 said:

I created my custom chest but I want it to hold more than 64 items in one slot, is there a way to do that? Changing the getInventoryStackLimit() to a higher number doesn't change anything and keeps it at 64. Also I would like to remove the number that is over the item and just have the number of items in a slot be in a tooltip, is this possible?

Thank you in advanced!

If you want to change the number of items per slot, make a custom slot and override the getMaxSlotSize in Slot.

As for removing the number you would have to probably make your own system to render everything, and that's just a pain.

If you want to, I'd suggest overriding drawScreen in GuiContainer, keep it the same except this line:

this.itemRender.renderItemOverlayIntoGUI(font, stack, x, y - (this.draggedStack.isEmpty() ? 0 : 8), altText);

You have to make your own method for that, removing the string being drawn. Here is some code that might or might not work:

public void renderItemOverlayIntoGUI(FontRenderer fr, ItemStack stack, int xPosition, int yPosition, @Nullable String text)
{
    if (!stack.isEmpty())
    {
        if (stack.getItem().showDurabilityBar(stack))
        {
            GlStateManager.disableLighting();
            GlStateManager.disableDepth();
            GlStateManager.disableTexture2D();
            GlStateManager.disableAlpha();
            GlStateManager.disableBlend();
            Tessellator tessellator = Tessellator.getInstance();
            BufferBuilder bufferbuilder = tessellator.getBuffer();
            double health = stack.getItem().getDurabilityForDisplay(stack);
            int rgbfordisplay = stack.getItem().getRGBDurabilityForDisplay(stack);
            int i = Math.round(13.0F - (float)health * 13.0F);
            int j = rgbfordisplay;
            this.draw(bufferbuilder, xPosition + 2, yPosition + 13, 13, 2, 0, 0, 0, 255);
            this.draw(bufferbuilder, xPosition + 2, yPosition + 13, i, 1, j >> 16 & 255, j >> 8 & 255, j & 255, 255);
            GlStateManager.enableBlend();
            GlStateManager.enableAlpha();
            GlStateManager.enableTexture2D();
            GlStateManager.enableLighting();
            GlStateManager.enableDepth();
        }

EntityPlayerSP entityplayersp = Minecraft.getMinecraft().player;
        float f3 = entityplayersp == null ? 0.0F : entityplayersp.getCooldownTracker().getCooldown(stack.getItem(), Minecraft.getMinecraft().getRenderPartialTicks());

if (f3 > 0.0F)
        {
            GlStateManager.disableLighting();
            GlStateManager.disableDepth();
            GlStateManager.disableTexture2D();
            Tessellator tessellator1 = Tessellator.getInstance();
            BufferBuilder bufferbuilder1 = tessellator1.getBuffer();
            this.draw(bufferbuilder1, xPosition, yPosition + MathHelper.floor(16.0F * (1.0F - f3)), 16, MathHelper.ceil(16.0F * f3), 255, 255, 255, 127);
            GlStateManager.enableTexture2D();
            GlStateManager.enableLighting();
            GlStateManager.enableDepth();
        }
    }
}

This code is straight from vanilla classes, I'd suggest looking into them if you are trying to do things like this.

That still doesn't deal with ItemStacks and their maximum size. Items, by default, have a max size of 64.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

9 hours ago, Draco18s said:

That still doesn't deal with ItemStacks and their maximum size. Items, by default, have a max size of 64.

Right, they would have to make an IITemHandler/SlotItemHandler to make it to where the player can only get max of 64 from the slot, but that lets the slot contain more than 64 of an item.

14 hours ago, Big_Bad_E said:

Right, they would have to make an IITemHandler/SlotItemHandler to make it to where the player can only get max of 64 from the slot, but that lets the slot contain more than 64 of an item.

ItemStacks go weird when they have more than 64 items. Namely, at 127 they become infinite.

3 hours ago, Draco18s said:

ItemStacks go weird when they have more than 64 items. Namely, at 127 they become infinite.

No, the amount is just for display, the player can only use 64 max, as OP will have to make shift clicking only give 64 of the item, and clicking only gives 1.

That's not how IItemHandler works.