[1.12.2] Transferring potion effects to item through crafting table.

Icedice9

Hello!

I am working on an item, the pickle potion, that you eat to get a potion effect. A pickle potion exists for every PotionType in the game and can have multiple effects, just like regular potions. The potion data is stored and read from nbt, also just like potions, meaning that multiple effects are possible. The problem I now have is with the crafting recipes. I want to be able to combine a cucumber with any vanilla or modded potion in a crafting table and have the potion nbt data transfer to the pickles outputted, similar to how enchantments are combined in an anvil. I have created a new recipe class that extends ShapedOreRecipe and registered an instance of my recipe class using "RegistryEvent.Register<IRecipe>."

My problem now is that the recipe class that I have now does not see the nbt data of ItemStacks in the crafting table. Here is some code for visualization:

Custom Recipes Class:

public class PickleShapedRecipes extends ShapedOreRecipe implements IShapedRecipe
{
    @Deprecated
    public static final int MAX_CRAFT_GRID_WIDTH = 3;
    @Deprecated
    public static final int MAX_CRAFT_GRID_HEIGHT = 3;

@Nonnull
    protected ItemStack output = ItemStack.EMPTY;
    protected NonNullList<Ingredient> input = null;
    protected int width = 0;
    protected int height = 0;
    protected boolean mirrored = true;
    protected ResourceLocation group;

public PickleShapedRecipes(ResourceLocation group, Block     result, Object... recipe){ this(group, new ItemStack(result), recipe); }
    public PickleShapedRecipes(ResourceLocation group, Item      result, Object... recipe){ this(group, new ItemStack(result), recipe); }
    public PickleShapedRecipes(ResourceLocation group, @Nonnull ItemStack result, Object... recipe) { this(group, result, CraftingHelper.parseShaped(recipe)); }
    public PickleShapedRecipes(ResourceLocation group, @Nonnull ItemStack result, ShapedPrimer primer)
    {
    	super(group, result, primer);
        this.group = group;
        output = result.copy();
        //Gets the tag compound of the item in the middle of the crafting table and adds it as a potion to the output itemstack
        //THE PROBLEM IS THIS LINE: the tag compound recived is always "{Potion:"minecraft:water"}"
        PicklePotionUtils.addPotionToItemStack(output, PotionUtils.getPotionTypeFromNBT(primer.input.get(4).getMatchingStacks()[0].getTagCompound()));
        this.width = primer.width;
        this.height = primer.height;
        this.input = primer.input;
        this.mirrored = primer.mirrored;
        //TODO
        System.out.println("You have created a recipe!");
    }

/**
     * Returns an Item that is the result of this recipe
     */
    @Override
    @Nonnull
    public ItemStack getCraftingResult(@Nonnull InventoryCrafting var1){ return output.copy(); }

@Override
    @Nonnull
    public ItemStack getRecipeOutput(){ return output; }

/**
     * Used to check if a recipe matches current crafting inventory
     */
    @Override
    public boolean matches(@Nonnull InventoryCrafting inv, @Nonnull World world)
    {
        for (int x = 0; x <= inv.getWidth() - width; x++)
        {
            for (int y = 0; y <= inv.getHeight() - height; ++y)
            {
                if (checkMatch(inv, x, y, false))
                {
                    return true;
                }

if (mirrored && checkMatch(inv, x, y, true))
                {
                    return true;
                }
            }
        }

return false;
    }

/**
     * Based on {@link net.minecraft.item.crafting.ShapedRecipes#checkMatch(InventoryCrafting, int, int, boolean)}
     */
    protected boolean checkMatch(InventoryCrafting inv, int startX, int startY, boolean mirror)
    {
        for (int x = 0; x < inv.getWidth(); x++)
        {
            for (int y = 0; y < inv.getHeight(); y++)
            {
                int subX = x - startX;
                int subY = y - startY;
                Ingredient target = Ingredient.EMPTY;

if (subX >= 0 && subY >= 0 && subX < width && subY < height)
                {
                    if (mirror)
                    {
                        target = input.get(width - subX - 1 + subY * width);
                    }
                    else
                    {
                        target = input.get(subX + subY * width);
                    }
                }

if (!target.apply(inv.getStackInRowAndColumn(x, y)))
                {
                    return false;
                }
            }
        }

return true;
    }

public PickleShapedRecipes setMirrored(boolean mirror)
    {
        mirrored = mirror;
        return this;
    }

@Override
    @Nonnull
    public NonNullList<Ingredient> getIngredients()
    {
        return this.input;
    }

@Deprecated //Use IShapedRecipe.getRecipeWidth
    public int getWidth()
    {
        return width;
    }

@Override
    public int getRecipeWidth()
    {
        return this.getWidth();
    }

@Deprecated //Use IShapedRecipe.getRecipeHeight
    public int getHeight()
    {
        return height;
    }

@Override
    public int getRecipeHeight()
    {
        return this.getHeight();
    }

@Override
    @Nonnull
    public String getGroup()
    {
        return this.group == null ? "" : this.group.toString();
    }

/**
     * Used to determine if this recipe can fit in a grid of the given width/height
     */
    @Override
    public boolean canFit(int width, int height)
    {
        return width >= this.width && height >= this.height;
    }
}

ModRecipies class:

public class ModRecipes 
{
	public static final List<IRecipe> RECIPES = new ArrayList<IRecipe>();

public static void init()
	{
    	RECIPES.add(new PickleShapedRecipes(new ResourceLocation("complexcrops:items"), new ItemStack(ModItems.PICKLE_POTION, 4), new Object[]{
				" C ",
				"CPC",
				" C ",
				'C', ModItems.CUCUMBER,
				'P', Items.POTIONITEM.setContainerItem(Items.GLASS_BOTTLE) }));
	}
}

RegistryHandler Code:

@SubscribeEvent
	public static void onRecipeRegister(RegistryEvent.Register<IRecipe> event)
	{
		IRecipe[] recipes = ModRecipes.RECIPES.toArray(new IRecipe[0]);
		int i = 0;
		for (IRecipe recipe : recipes)
		{
			++i;
			event.getRegistry().register(recipe.setRegistryName(new ResourceLocation("complexcrops:recipe" + i)));

}
	}

As commented in my Custom Recipes class, the line that transfers the potion effect from the potion to the outputted item does not work because the nbt data tag is always "{Potion:"minecraft:water"}". This means all pickles crafted have no effects. How can I fix this?

Thank you so much for any and all help!

Don't register your recipes that way. Use the JSON system.

• Thanks 1

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

DO NOT PM ME WITH PROBLEMS. No help will be given.

Yes, you can still use the JSON system with custom IRecipe implementation. You just need a Factory internal static class that implements IRecipeFactory, a _factories.json pointing to this factory, and you're basically good to go.

Apparently I'm a complete and utter jerk and come to this forum just like to make fun of people, be confrontational, and make your personal life miserable.  If you think this is the case, JUST REPORT ME.  Otherwise you're just going to get reported when you reply to my posts and point it out, because odds are, I was trying to be nice.

Exception: If you do not understand Java, I WILL NOT HELP YOU and your thread will get locked.

Wow, that resource is really useful! I'm still at a loss for how I'm going to get the JSON to read in the nbt of the ItemStacks in the crafting table, but perhaps looking into choonster's "IngredientNBTTestMod3" class will give me some ideas. I'll post back here what I find/ if I get stuck again.

Thanks! 

You can use getCraftingResult(InventoryCrafting inv) to examine the crafting grid and snag the NBT.