Issue when setting up IntellijRuns

Mastef_Chief

Apologies for necro'ing this, but I'm having the same issue, and have no idea how to make a launch configuration without screwing it up. It doesn't help that I've never known what gradle does. I've tried googling it but I'm having difficulty finding better explanation than "It's a build tool that uses tasks". How can I create a configuration that does what it needs to without screwing it up?

I've been following the directions on the forge documentation setup and it says specifically to use genIntellijRuns. Should that get updated to reflect your answer here?

Always, RESEARCH before asking a question. It's likely someone has already asked your question in the past. Filter your google searches with "site:www.minecraftforge.net/forum" to have a better chance finding your problem.

I appear to have managed to get gradlew genIntellijRuns to work because I made the critical mistake of running it while I had intellij open. I found that critical piece of information here.

3. Once it's finished you must close IntelliJ and run the following command:

"gradlew genIntellijRuns" (./gradlew genIntellijRuns if you are on Mac/Linux)

I managed to make it work by exiting Intellij, opening command prompt and cd'ing to my project directory, and then running gradlew genIntellijRuns, rather than running it from my intellij project terminal. I hope this helps you Master_Chief.

Always, RESEARCH before asking a question. It's likely someone has already asked your question in the past. Filter your google searches with "site:www.minecraftforge.net/forum" to have a better chance finding your problem.

22 minutes ago, DavidTriphon said:

I appear to have managed to get gradlew genIntellijRuns to work because I made the critical mistake of running it while I had intellij open. I found that critical piece of information here.

I managed to make it work by exiting Intellij, opening command prompt and cd'ing to my project directory, and then running gradlew genIntellijRuns, rather than running it from my intellij project terminal. I hope this helps you Master_Chief.

The main class should be GradleStart,

Working Directory is (mod folder)\run

Use classpath of modules should be (modname)_main

(There is only one _main module)

16 hours ago, Big_Bad_E said:

The main class should be GradleStart,

Working Directory is (mod folder)\run

Use classpath of modules should be (modname)_main

(There is only one _main module)

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you responding to my first post asking about how to make a gradle configuration? Are you saying that I need to create a class named GradleStart in my run folder? And what is a 'Use' classpath?

I should note that I have everything working now, I can build the example mod successfully and it works when I put it in a local test game, so I don't think I actually need to mess with Gradle anymore.

Edited by DavidTriphon

On 8/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, DavidTriphon said:

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Are you responding to my first post asking about how to make a gradle configuration? Are you saying that I need to create a class named GradleStart in my run folder? And what is a 'Use' classpath?

I should note that I have everything working now, I can build the example mod successfully and it works when I put it in a local test game, so I don't think I actually need to mess with Gradle anymore.

Oh, good job getting it working.

I was talking about in the Edit Configurations menu, sorry I wasn't being clear.