Do something when fuel item is consumed

Desharin

Hello!

I've been trying to make something happen in my mod when a fuel item in for example a vanilla furnace is consumed, but I can't quite figure out how to do this.

The event that came close was the FurnaceFuelBurnTimeEvent, which fires whenever a fuel item is used, but it also fires when an item is inserted into the fuel slot of the furnace.

When it is inserted using shift-click, it even fires twice and when inserted using a hopper it fires even more often.

How would I go about making my mod do something only when a fuel item is actually consumed?

Thanks for your help,

Desharin

I was thinking of releasing something like pollution into the environment when an unclean fuel source is used.

Is there no "hacky" way of doing it by keeping track of the items in the inventory? I imagine this would be quite resource intensive though.

I'd rather not overwrite the vanilla furnace. Perhaps I could work on a subevent of FurnaceFuelBurnTimeEvent which would only fire when the burnTime is checked to add burnTime to the furnace, while the main event would still fire every time burnTime is checked? I should probably post a suggestion for this first since I don't trust my coding skills too much and to poll other people's opinions.

Thanks for your help though, I'll shelve my mod idea for now.