Forge 1.12.2 crash

Zagato

Hi,

I am not too familiar with Mac and the PC lingo. Please help!!!

I downloaded Forge 1.12.2 for my daughter, I followed multiple instructions exactly but the game is not loading. 

Every-time we try to load the game it crashes.

Below is my crash report:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// You should try our sister game, Minceraft!

Time: 7/1/18 4:07 PM
Description: FML has discovered extracted jar files in the mods directory.
This breaks mod loading functionality completely.
Remove the directories and replace with the jar files originally provided.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Extracted mod jars found, loading will NOT continue
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.findDerpMods(CoreModManager.java:279)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.discoverCoreMods(CoreModManager.java:319)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.CoreModManager.handleLaunch(CoreModManager.java:252)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupHome(FMLLaunchHandler.java:105)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.setupClient(FMLLaunchHandler.java:79)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.relauncher.FMLLaunchHandler.configureForClientLaunch(FMLLaunchHandler.java:42)
    at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker.injectIntoClassLoader(FMLTweaker.java:139)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:115)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
    Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
    Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.12.6
    Java Version: 1.8.0_74, Oracle Corporation
    Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    Memory: 108535032 bytes (103 MB) / 134217728 bytes (128 MB) up to 2147483648 bytes (2048 MB)
    JVM Flags: 7 total; -Xmx2G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:G1NewSizePercent=20 -XX:G1ReservePercent=20 -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=50 -XX:G1HeapRegionSize=32M
    IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0

Please explain in detail how I can fix this extracted JAR error.

Thank you so much in advance!

You should never extract a mod, just take the file that you download and put it into the mods folder.

If there is a mod that tells you to extract it, this is wrong and they need to update their instructions.

There should only be one folder in the mods folder named 1.12.2, Anything else needs to be deleted.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon