Can't find fml-{client/server}-log files anywhere, they're not in the logs folder?

So i've got two installs, one is a personal dedicated server (1.12.2) install that i've freshly done using the newest recommended forge, i used the installer, etc... it works fine, starts fine, plays everything fine, just NO forge logs, only basic "vanilla" logs. The other one is a MultiMC install with the same versions, NO logs again. At this point i'm not sure if its my fault for the server, MultiMC's for itself, or what. If anyone can give me some hint or pointer to what i screwed up, that'd be great.

In past attempts and versions, i've had logs just fine, in the logs folder. Not sure what's happening this time

Sorry if something like this has already been posted, did a quick search and found nothing, so here's this.

Edited by Ultimagic5

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2018 at 6:42 PM, MDW01 said:

For the forge server how are you launching it through the command line or are you clicking on the jar?

For the client are there logs when you launch the game without multimc or just vanilla?

I launch the server through CLI, for the client, i haven't used vanilla since 1.11.2 MC but I use to always recieve logs in the way i described before.

On 6/4/2018 at 1:06 PM, quadraxis said:

With current versions of Forge, logs are written to latest.log and debug.log.

i realise most information is combined in there, but i was looking for a more precise, divided log as in the past. I don't think i get as much information as before, even with

debug start

on either platform.

Edit: sorry for the late reply, been busy irl

Edited by Ultimagic5