ForgeGradle patcher plugin compile errors on src/main/start classes

Earthcomputer

[I'm not sure whether this is the most appropriate place to post this, if not please tell me where to post it and I'll move it there]

Hi,

I am making a buildscript for a Jar Mod someone else is making, so that they can make it open source. For this I am using ForgeGradle. Since I am not the owner of this project I cannot simply switch away from Jar modding (trust me, I've tried persuading them!). The build system is very similar to how Forge itself is built.

I've got the setupCarpet (equivalent of setupForge) task to build successfully. Next I tried to get genPatches to work, but I'm having trouble with this. I'm getting compile errors in the src/main/start classes complaining that the launchwrapper classes don't exist. This is one of them:

C:\Users\owner\Documents\CarpetOpenSource\ForgeGradleTest\projects\Carpet\src\main\start\net\minecraftforge\gradle\tweakers\CoremodTweaker.java:28: error: package net.minecraft.launchwrapper does not exist
import net.minecraft.launchwrapper.ITweaker;
                                  ^

Obviously the launchwrapper library is missing, I have tried many different variations in the buildscript to try and get it to compile with launchwrapper in the classpath, with no success. Here is my latest attempt:

subprojects {
	repositories {
		maven {url "http://libraries.minecraft.net/"}
	}
	dependencies {
		forgeGradleMcDeps 'net.minecraft:launchwrapper:1.11'
	}
}

What's really puzzling me about this is how does Forge not have these errors? I've been following along with Forge's build.gradle and other files and have not seen anything I've done differently.

My full buildscript is attached.

Thanks in advance for help!

build.gradle

catch(Exception e)

{

}

Yay, Pokémon exception handling, gotta catch 'em all (and then do nothing with 'em).

We do not support jar modding in any way on these forums. If you're wanting to work with the guy to make things open source, Then move him to a proper mod before doing so.

I do Forge for free, however the servers to run it arn't free, so anything is appreciated.
Consider supporting the team on Patreon