My 1.12.2 Server doesn't want to properly boot up

So basically I want to play modded minecraft with a friend of mine, but the servers I make always seem to combust after a while (ranging from instantly with my last 2 attempts to 2 weeks with my 1.7.10 server I did a few weeks back) and the crash logs always mention ''JavaHeapSpaceError''. Now, I may have big plans when it comes to modded servers, but I'm about as knowledgeable as the next ape when it comes to IT-related stuff. I really want the server to be able to function properly (and I want it to keep functioning properly) so I need the help of people who actually know a lot about minecraft and coding in general. I'll post the crash report and the latest logs, hopefully that'll supply you with the info you need to help me out. The mods that I used are the exact mods as used in the ''Hexxit updated'' pack that is to be found under 1.12.2 packs on the Twitch launcher.

Full logs;

https://github.com/ZeFlyinDutchman/1.12.2-Server-logs/blob/master/README.md

Crash report;

https://github.com/ZeFlyinDutchman/1.12.2-Server-logs/blob/master/Crash report

22 minutes ago, ZeFlyinDutchman said:

Any tips on how to do so properly?

(Like I said, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to IT stuff)

To your start.bat add

-Xms=4G -Xms=4G

That only applies to you if your using a bat file to start and on windows! Adding this is adding 4 gigabytes of dedicated RAM for your server, if the server slows down try to add more.

Edited by SeanOMik

Developer of "A Realistic Foods Mod"

2 minutes ago, diesieben07 said:
  • Not everyone uses Windows.
  • Not everyone using Windows uses a batch file to start their server.
  • Why is that comma there?

Overall: Sorry, but not helpful.

Yeah I just fixed it, I was thinking quickly

Edited by SeanOMik

1 hour ago, ZeFlyinDutchman said:

But I do use windows. Does that mean that the .bat approach will solve all the issues? Will my server not have a mental breakdown if I increase its memory this way? If yes, that'd be awesome!

Yes, what's the file extension of the file you're using to start the server?

Edited by SeanOMik

8 minutes ago, ZeFlyinDutchman said:

It's the standard Executable jar file that comes with the download from forge. I tried running the .bat, and it opens and closes immediately (don't know whether that's how it's supposed to work) but after doing that it still gives the same results...

Right click on the .bat and select "edit", notepad should pop-up and then copy and paste all the text in the file and post it here.

5 hours ago, ZeFlyinDutchman said:

java -Xmx4096M -Xms4096M -jar forge-1.12.2-14.23.3.2655-universal

I tried 4G instead of 4096M as well, but same results...

Not sure, do what MoeBoy76 said and post a screen shot or the text in the window

Aight, so after a brief break from my server building struggles, I revisited the issue and it seems that I forgot to add ''.jar'' to the end of the server name, which was why it could find the the file. Now after adding the ''.jar'', I tried running it again with 4G of memory, and it then gave me this; 5af2f9247e796_Schermopname(30).thumb.png.1abd5ec2361ab7d76b59d1595ef5804a.png

So I then tried it with 2G, which then stopped it from saying I exceeded the max size, but then instead it gave me this;5af2f95c76f98_Schermopname(29).thumb.png.cf0bdff0b2f53f83f099a230f852fd1c.png

I guess this is a bit of progress, but it seems I'm still rather far from getting it to work...

Also, check the output of java -version from the commandline to make sure you have the 64 bit version installed (even if you have 64 bit windows, it is possible to have the 32 bit java). If the output of that command does not say 64-bit anywhere, then you are running the 32 bit and need to get the 64.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
    • Let me try and help you with love spells, traditional healing, native healing, fortune telling, witchcraft, psychic readings, black magic, voodoo, herbalist healing, or any other service your may desire within the realm of african native healing, the spirits and the ancestors. I am a sangoma and healer. I could help you to connect with the ancestors , interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. We facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds.*   Witchdoctors, or sorcerers, are often purveyors of mutis and charms that cause harm to people. we believe that we are here for only one purpose, to heal through love and compassion.*   African people share a common understanding of the importance of ancestors in daily life. When they have lost touch with their ancestors, illness may result or bad luck. Then a traditional healer, or sangoma, is sought out who may prescribe herbs, changes in lifestyle, a career change, or changes in relationships. The client may also be told to perform a ceremony or purification ritual to appease the ancestors.*   Let us solve your problems using powerful African traditional methods. We believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding your life back. Our knowledge has been passed down through centuries, being refined along the way from generation to generation. We believe in the occult, the paranormal, the spirit world, the mystic world.*   The services here are based on the African Tradition Value system/religion,where we believe the ancestors and spirits play a very important role in society. The ancestors and spirits give guidance and counsel in society. They could enable us to see into the future and give solutions to the problems affecting us. We use rituals, divination, spells, chants and prayers to enable us tackle the task before us.*   I have experience in helping and guiding many people from all over the world. My psychic abilities may help you answer and resolve many unanswered questions
    • Let me try and help you with love spells, traditional healing, native healing, fortune telling, witchcraft, psychic readings, black magic, voodoo, herbalist healing, or any other service your may desire within the realm of african native healing, the spirits and the ancestors. I am a sangoma and healer. I could help you to connect with the ancestors , interpret dreams, diagnose illness through divination with bones, and help you heal both physical and spiritual illness. We facilitate the deepening of your relationship to the spirit world and the ancestors. Working in partnership with one\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\’s ancestors is a gift representing a close link with the spirit realm as a mediator between the worlds.*   Witchdoctors, or sorcerers, are often purveyors of mutis and charms that cause harm to people. we believe that we are here for only one purpose, to heal through love and compassion.*   African people share a common understanding of the importance of ancestors in daily life. When they have lost touch with their ancestors, illness may result or bad luck. Then a traditional healer, or sangoma, is sought out who may prescribe herbs, changes in lifestyle, a career change, or changes in relationships. The client may also be told to perform a ceremony or purification ritual to appease the ancestors.*   Let us solve your problems using powerful African traditional methods. We believe that our ancestors and spirits give us enlightenment, wisdom, divine guidance, enabling us to overcome obstacles holding your life back. Our knowledge has been passed down through centuries, being refined along the way from generation to generation. We believe in the occult, the paranormal, the spirit world, the mystic world.*   The services here are based on the African Tradition Value system/religion,where we believe the ancestors and spirits play a very important role in society. The ancestors and spirits give guidance and counsel in society. They could enable us to see into the future and give solutions to the problems affecting us. We use rituals, divination, spells, chants and prayers to enable us tackle the task before us.*   I have experience in helping and guiding many people from all over the world. My psychic abilities may help you answer and resolve many unanswered questions
  • Topics

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.