[SOLVED] 1.12.2 Custom Biome Help

guyWITH2forks

Hey guys, so I am trying to create my own Biome that mimics the Moon. I am using in the Biome class "this.spawnableCreatureList.clear();" for all four lists (Cave, water, Monster, and Creature) so that no mobs will spawn in the biome. For some reason, this is not working and all mobs are still spawning. Anyone have any ideas? Secondly, I would love to make the biome only use my custom blocks and not stone, dirt, and all the vanilla blocks. Is it possible to generate the world with just the mods blocks. Finally, I would love to get water to stop spawning as well, like in the nether. 

Any help would be great, thank you in advance

BiomeMoon.java

ModBiomes.java

Edited by guyWITH2forks

Are you sure your biome is actually being used? Like have you made ChunkGenerator, WorldProvider and all that? Or are you just hoping that your biome will generate on its own in the Overworld?

Generally, your code looks like it should work. But you should first make sure your biome is registered properly -- you should be using the RegistryEvent<Biome> event. Secondly, you should confirm that your biome is actually being used -- I would do standard debugging like either add a bunch of console print statements or else set breakpoints nad use Eclipse's debug run configuration to trace the execution. With that you can print out the contents of the spawn lists and such and generally confirm the code is functioning as you expect.

Check out my tutorials here: http://jabelarminecraft.blogspot.com/